Author Topic: We May Have Just Solved the Mystery of 11 Year Long Solar Cycles  (Read 1221 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBScyiYIhS4

Anton Petrov put out this video on a paper that attempts to link the 11 year solar cycles to planetary alignment.  Interesting stuff. 

Here is the paper linked in the video information.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11207-019-1447-1
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: We May Have Just Solved the Mystery of 11 Year Long Solar Cycles
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 12:12:32 PM »
I thought is was caused by globular warmulating and orangeman bad. ???
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »
So planetary alignment might be effecting the output of the sun?...

So the astrology stuff* may have some (now defunct) basis in observation, then? That when planets are aligned in a certain way, it affects the amount of output the sun gives off, so winters or summers are harsher which could then have implications on how humans turned out?

*Of which I have almost zero knowledge, so I'm going off of my impressions, which may be wildly off.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »
Has anyone examined the GPS tracking data on Rosie O'Donnell and see how it fits in all this?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 01:32:16 PM »
So planetary alignment might be effecting the output of the sun?...

So the astrology stuff* may have some (now defunct) basis in observation, then? That when planets are aligned in a certain way, it affects the amount of output the sun gives off, so winters or summers are harsher which could then have implications on how humans turned out?

That did occur to me.  The answer is I don't know other than I can't see how it would affect all the other crap astrologers claim to predict.  Other than the weather, what else would this sort of thing affect 2000 years ago?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 08:32:55 PM »
If this is real science then scientists should be able to use this information to predict the solar cycle events and durations in the future, correct?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »
If this is real science then scientists should be able to use this information to predict the solar cycle events and durations in the future, correct?
It sounds like this correlation is pretty new and needs to be verified.  If true, it would be interesting to see a study going backward comparing planetary alignment to past solar cycle events.  It may take a while to get to that point. 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 12:54:39 AM »
i didn't view the video yet, but maybe gravity/magnetism is in play somehow?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."