Author Topic: I just threw up in my mouth a little...  (Read 1866 times)

spinr

I just threw up in my mouth a little...
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:44:27 PM »
Because this:

...has a case of flatulence spawned straight from the deepest pits of hell, and she won't stop farting. shocked

Jeez... I need an NBC suit or something.

Anyone want a SDB (smelly damn Boxer) dropping SBDs?

Cheesy

Iain

• friend
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:39:10 PM »
Did you feed her anything unusual?

First Christmas we had my dog he got some turkey. He ate his dinner and fell asleep in the living room all happy and contented. He woke up alone. Never given him turkey since.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:48:45 AM »
I have a chocolate lab and she gets the SBD farts once in a while, I quite haven't figured out the source of them since she has a cast iron stomach and will literally eat anything that resembles food. Well except dead toads but that is a different story,

My nose will start to burn and my eyes just about swell shut from the smell then she will try and climb in the chair with me and look at me like who made that stink.

The smell is worse than a combo of a Nebraska feedlot, a livestock rendering plant, an alcohol distillery and a rotting skunk. That smell you wanted back in junior high when you had SBD farts in the classroom.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 05:39:06 AM »
What are you feeding him?

A good quality food like Iams, Diamond, Costco storebrand, etc will help.  Rotate through those & find the one that your dog's GI tract likes.

If you are feeding him Ol' Roy, you deserve every SBD you get.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 05:49:42 AM »
My friend has a gassy Doberman I am sure he will want to trade you. It amazes me my friend can even tell when his dog lets go with all the cigars he smokes. Smiley
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

spinr

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 07:14:29 AM »
Well, the chemical attack seems to be over.  :/

I really doubt it was the food.  It's just plain ol' Pedigree, but she usually consumes mass quantities of it without any problems.  These ass-gas attacks are fortunately rare.

I'd bet she found something disgustingly tasty while she was out playing in the yard yesterday.  No matter how much I watch her, she'll find a pile of rabbit turds or something equally nasty and chow down like there's no tomorrow.

Charby, mine has the iron-gut too.  She has a penchant for paper towels, and certain other delicacies... like this:

Cheesy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:20:01 AM »
Spin

I can't believe you picked that out of boxer poo.  

I feed my lab IAMS Lamb and Rice. Not to slam your food but Pedigree is towards the bottom of decent food. People complain about the price of quality dog food but my 63# 7 1/2 year old very high energy lab goes through one $20 bag (37lbs IIRC) of dog food every 45 days. When meat is the primary ingredient in the food you can feed less. My dog gets 2 cups of food a day (and 2-3 milk bones), Dog Chow it would be like 5 cups to equal it. Less food means smaller turds.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Iain

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:24:03 AM »
We had to do a lot of experimenting with food because my boy was getting a bit of colitis, eventually settled on a brand called 'James Wellbeloved'. He's not had any issues since. It gets soaked with water now too.

Theo will eat anything. And roll in worse. Took him for a walk along the canal last November, he nipped about 20 metres ahead and started sniffing around until he found something suitably putrid to roll in. Did the usual dog roll by dropping a shoulder and rolling on to his back - straight off the bank and into the water. I swear to god he hung there like a cartoon character as realisation sank in. When he needs to bathed it usually happens in the big earthernware sink, but not on this occasion. I took him outside, tied him up and hosed him.

Lo.Com.Denom

• friend
  • Welcome to my world...
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
When our two were on puppy food, we had double the recomended dose of SBDs. And some were not-so silent... Nothing so funny as the look on a collie's face, the first time it hears itself trump! "WTF?!? Was that me?? Better dig around back there and find the source of the trouble..."

Does she eat her own, or just the rabbits? The worst room-clearers we get now are when they've been indulging in coprophagia -- either the cat's or their own. When they belch loudly in your face shortly afterwards, is often as bad.

And our first dog was an absolute saint! Where did we go wrong...

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 10:34:41 AM »
Quote from: Lo.Com.Denom
Does she eat her own, or just the rabbits? The worst room-clearers we get now are when they've been indulging in coprophagia -- either the cat's or their own. When they belch loudly in your face shortly afterwards, is often as bad.
My chocolate lab is a bit of a fecalphiliac.  She used to licking privileges.  No more.  Nothing worse than sh!@*y dog breath.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

spinr

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 11:27:47 AM »
Quote from: Lo.Com.Denom
Does she eat her own, or just the rabbits?
Mostly just the rabbit crap, though, she'll go after my Min Pin's poop once in a while.  

She did go through the phase where she'd put hers' right back in as soon as it came out.  

Uugghh!  Thank goodness she's over that.  Nothin' quite like praising & petting her for doing her business properly only to have her yak up the business in the process. shocked  Sad

Iain

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 12:20:29 PM »
Mine eats cat poop. Can't vouch for the truthfulness of this, but I read somewhere that a dog can digest food a little better than a cat, so cat poop has nutritional value for a dog.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 04:29:45 PM »
When we had chickens and let them out to run around the yard we'd have two dogs at a time out their following them around cleaning up after them. One of them went so far as to chicken rump licking, which makes the chickens nervous.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"