Author Topic: Sunday Night Viewing Review  (Read 629 times)

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Sunday Night Viewing Review
« on: June 26, 2006, 06:19:20 AM »
There was not much on Sunday night so I decided to rent some DVDs. I figured I would have to rent at least 3 films so I would be able to watch a couple that night and 1 on Monday night. I found 3 movies to rent, "Date Movie", "Underworld..Evolution" and "BloodRayne".

1). "Date Movie"....Made me chuckle about three times otherwise there went 90 minutes of my life. If it was not for the fact I spent my money on the rental I would have stopped watching after about 5 minutes. Because I spent my money on I felt obligated to watch.

2). "Underworld..Evolution"...Better but the back story got in the way of the film. Too many flashbacks and cut scenes made this movie a little boring. I spent the last half of the film working on my laptop. I would not be able to tell anyone how the film ended it was that forgetable. I do know Kate had a sex scene in the film other than that I am not sure what else happened in the film.

I finished the first two by 7:30 so I popped in film #3.

3). "BloodRayne"...Other than the fact Kristanna Loken had a decent sex scene and Michelle Rodriguez gets her neck broken  I do not think there is one reason to see this film. I seen better action and way better acting on Buffy: The Vampire Slayer than this turd. If you are thinking about renting this film...don't, you would be better off just mailing me the $3-$4 you were going to spend.

Lucky for me I had recorded some programs while watching those rentals. I recorded Deadwood and 1 hour of Venture Brothers. Here is a mini review of both.

1). "Deadwood"...Awesome. I did not know how well Gerald McRaney would be as Hearst seeing how I remember him as either Major Dad or as Rick Simon but he is doing some good acting on that show going from polite in one instance to a complete bastard the next. Last night's episode was one of the best so far.

2). "Venture Brothers"...Funny. Unless you watch the show there is not enough time to explain what went on and why it is funny. If it is out, rent the first season and see for yourself. It is best described as cross between Johnny Quest and a crazy person's nightmare...about Johnny Quest.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Sunday Night Viewing Review
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 06:54:50 AM »
Rent Grandma's Boy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.