Author Topic: Zimbabwe Revalues Currency  (Read 3586 times)

HankB

• friend
Zimbabwe Revalues Currency
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:16:16 AM »
Zimbabwe just chopped 10 zeros off their currency, so 10 billion dollars becomes one dollar. A couple of years ago, they chopped three zeros off, so their currency is actually worth about one ten-trillionth of what it was worth a few years ago.

Their largest banknotes - most recently, Z$100,000,000,000 - were not quite enough to purchase a single loaf of bread in Harare (If you could FIND a loaf of bread to purchase!) and ATMs and cash registers were not set up to deal with transactions of hundreds of billions (or even trillions) of dollars, so they had to address the issue.

Obviously, it's a problem created by George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, Tony Blair, and various other sundry white devils.  rolleyes
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Zimbabwe Revalues Currency
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 05:36:21 AM »
Have they blamed Ian Smith yet? grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 05:38:14 AM »
They haven't met fistful. laugh
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 05:46:27 AM »
Have they blamed Ian Smith yet? grin
He's one of the ". . . sundry white devils."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:43 AM »
You White Devils!

White Devil Police=> police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:59:13 AM »
So if the money isn't worth the paper it is printed on are you not losing money for every bill you print? Wouldn't it have been better just to burn some of the old money and tighten up the money supply, thus raising the value of the money? Or is this some African economic nonsensical retardedness.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:32:33 AM »
So if the money isn't worth the paper it is printed on are you not losing money for every bill you print? Wouldn't it have been better just to burn some of the old money and tighten up the money supply, thus raising the value of the money? Or is this some African economic nonsensical retardedness.

Careful there.....  Ever wonder why no one counterfeits the $1 bill?  It costs more than $1 to print, even the fake ones IIRC.  Also our government likes to create more money when it is convenient....

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:37:45 AM »

Careful there.....  Ever wonder why no one counterfeits the $1 bill?  It costs more than $1 to print, even the fake ones IIRC.  Also our government likes to create more money when it is convenient....

Actually, no.  There's a pretty large profit margin on dollar bills. 

Now, it does currently cost more to make a penny than they're worth.  The mint is currently considering going to cheaper metals like steel in order to save money.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
Say Hello to the Obama fiscal and economic plan !!!

(Not to mention the 80%+ unemployment rate in Zimbabwe).

And yes, El Tejon is correct, It's all the white man's fault....especially the one they call Fistful...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »
I'll have to see if my bank can get me a few billion Zimbabwe $$.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »
I'll have to see if my bank can get me a few billion Zimbabwe $$.
Check eBay. I've seen those bills for sale there.