Author Topic: point.click.news and san francisco state acceptance  (Read 973 times)

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
point.click.news and san francisco state acceptance
« on: December 23, 2005, 12:17:03 PM »
Hey guys. Just wanted to share, me and about 5 other people, including this guy: www.mikefunt.com have joined together to create a new type of news show, webcasted, involving humor, reflexitivity, and the blurring of the lines between audience and anchors. We want to build it so that people will come, we want people to able to send in their own videotaped segments that fit a certain format and modicum of quality.

I'm an anchor, writer, researcher, and teleprompter technician.

We're in the process of making a pilot, and hopefully it gets bought by www.uthtv.com Our handlers showed us www.rocketboom.com and said "make it like this. We said. "oh, we can make something better than that. And we wont have to use breasts to sell it."

I think we have set lofty goals, but everyone working on this is so jazzed about it, this is probably the first time in my life all the people I'm working with are goal-oriented to the same high level!

I'm so excited about this, to an extent this is what I'm planning to do with my life, in san francisco states broadcast and electronic communications arts department (http://www.sfsu.edu/~beca/), from what I hear the most prestigious dept of that sort in the nation, to which I got accepted recently. However, I might go to a JC for a couple years to work and save money and get my gen-ed requirements out of the way.

Any suggestions? Criticism? Ideas? News stories you'd like to see us cover?

I'm the one on the left, obviously.

PS: That's against a greenscreen, we're going to have a sweet background in the finished product. And yes, I know I need a haircut.

EDITED FOR CLARITY.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?