Author Topic: Video: The Simpsons salute the lazy and uneducated  (Read 903 times)

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com

Marnoot

• friend
Re: Video: The Simpsons salute the lazy and uneducated
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:22:31 AM »
The Simpsons has been going downhill ever since about season 11 or 12, the last few seasons being particularly poor. They used to be very good about making fun of everyone, now the anti-conservative bias is patently obvious. The jabs at various political groups used to be funny, now they're just regurgitations of the same ones you hear everywhere else in the media and focused solely on "the Right." A few years ago, The Simpsons was my favorite show, but I lose interest more and more with every new episode I've watched. Even without the bias, it's just not that funny anymore.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 10:27:33 AM »
Where's the link?

grin

You have to admit they did mighty good for a long time but eventually even the best run out of ideas.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
I was going to post a thread about this on Sunday, myself. The Simpsons used to be one of the only shows I made a point to watch regularly. I just can't stomach it anymore. The old episodes were funny, often touching, and revolved around the characters. Now it's gimmicks, flavor of the week guest voices, and the writers seem to have a contest with each episode to see how much left-wing propaganda they can cram into one episode. They may have even surpassed Seth MacFarlane's shows in that regard, which is really saying something. So sad. Sad
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:53 AM »
The Simpsons have touched on politics in the past, for almost as long as the show has been on the air. It used to be that one could expect at least a cursory shot at balance (usually pointing out the absurdity on both sides of any particular issue). Groening is a big time ultra-liberal, and always has been AFAIK, but he doesnt have complete control over the show and there have always been some conservative writers and a fair helping of anti-government types. I dont know what has happened to the show in recent years, but now it seems that they cant come up with a show idea without having to dredge it up from the newspaper.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 01:03:15 PM »
Simpsons, and Family Guy too. Seth McFarlane is also a big time liberal, but I still used to like Family guy before it was cancelled. There were a lot of jokes at the expense of conservatives, but there was at least a little balance of humor, and the conservative jokes were funny -- if you can't laught at yourself and all.....

But since they brought it back, it's nothing but Bush Derangement Syndrome and a Progressive propoganda machine. I stopped watching both Simpsons and Family Guy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."