Author Topic: H.R. 1859 Anti-Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act of 2007  (Read 4153 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: H.R. 1859 Anti-Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act of 2007
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 02:29:02 PM »
Here's the bill author demonstrating that she doesn't know what her own legislation really restricts:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/18/video-carolyn-mccarthy-doesnt-understand-her-own-gun-control-legislation/

In her defense as a lefty wingbat, most legislators have thier legislation drawn up for them by special interest groups and/or staffers.  IMHO they often know little about most bills that go forth unless its very near and dear to thier heart.  She's just a good lockstepper doing what her masters tell her to do.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 07:58:51 PM »
True.  But she didn't have to look so stupid doing it.  The shoulder thing that goes up?  I love that.   grin

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 07:37:47 AM »
Hell, I think the most telling thing was how she tried to talk her way around the answer at LEAST twice before admitting she didn't know. That's GOT to be the most blatant attempt at question dodging I have ever seen.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »
I wonder if it has ever occured to these anti-gun politicians that all these proposed (and sometimes actual: 1994 AWB) legislation actually increase the sales of semi-autos and large capacity magazines by probably a hundredfold ...?   rolleyes

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »
I wonder if it has ever occured to these anti-gun politicians that all these proposed (and sometimes actual: 1994 AWB) legislation actually increase the sales of semi-autos and large capacity magazines by probably a hundredfold ...?   rolleyes

The surest way to make Americans want something is to tell them they can't have it.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 09:35:18 AM »
As an American with a Dial-up Disability I haven't seen the video, but from what y'all are saying, the bill is rife with inaccuracies.  This does present a unique opportunity to defend against this type of legislation: a bill prohibiting non-existent guns and features, like fully-automatic 10 gauge shotguns, "Gonkulators", self-expanding magazines, and atomizing bullets.  Items such as these can be swapped out with real items, like semiauto shotguns, as "concessions" to the banners.  Once the bill contains nothing but nonsense, the final step will be to rally for a 20-year ban, with a provision quietly slipped in about no other gun bans in that time.

I'd sure miss my gonkulators, but I'm sure someone could fabricate a reasonable substitute.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »
The only reason that I bought a semi-auto rifle was because of the AWB Tongue

I actually prefer level action rifles, but then I'm sort of a square Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »
As an American with a Dial-up Disability I haven't seen the video, but from what y'all are saying, the bill is rife with inaccuracies.  This does present a unique opportunity to defend against this type of legislation: a bill prohibiting non-existent guns and features, like fully-automatic 10 gauge shotguns, "Gonkulators", self-expanding magazines, and atomizing bullets.  Items such as these can be swapped out with real items, like semiauto shotguns, as "concessions" to the banners.  Once the bill contains nothing but nonsense, the final step will be to rally for a 20-year ban, with a provision quietly slipped in about no other gun bans in that time.

I'd sure miss my gonkulators, but I'm sure someone could fabricate a reasonable substitute.

Hey, don't knock the 10ga full auto with Gonkulator.  I got one.  Man, it's a tack driver!
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 09:12:38 PM »
Great, Antibubba, just great.  Just because you've never seen a gonkulator or a self-expanding magazine you think it's ok to ban them.   rolleyes  Haven't you learned anything from the Zumbo incident? 

Traitors in our midst, guys.    sad
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 06:24:19 AM »
You can have my gonkulator when you pry it from my cold dead hands! 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 06:50:04 AM »
You can have my gonkulator when you explain to me what it looks like Tongue

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 07:16:50 AM »
Obama on Saturday in Nashua:

Obama also took issue with the sale of semi-automatic weapons, like the one used in the Virginia shootings, calling for sensible gun control.

"I don't hunt myself, but I respect hunters and sportsman," Obama said, "But I don't know of any self-respecting hunter that needs 19 rounds of anything. You don't shoot 19 rounds at a deer, and if you do, you shouldn't be hunting."

My safe is going to look like a Mec-Gar warehouse if this rhetoric keeps going.