Author Topic: What this forum needs:  (Read 9866 times)

What this forum needs:
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:51:45 AM »
Is a long rambling thread on soft drinks and sex in driveins!

Dammit.

Ain't no more driveins left for us young ones.

undecided

What this forum needs:
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »
I was kinda hoping for a nickel Coke machine and peanuts myself...

mtnbkr

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 01:43:29 PM »
Quote from: sm
I was kinda hoping for a nickel Coke machine and peanuts myself...
*sigh*  some people never learn.  You put peanuts in pepsi, not coke. Tongue

Chris

What this forum needs:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 02:23:42 PM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
*sigh*  some people never learn.  You put peanuts in pepsi, not coke.
Dang 'ginnians...let me 'splain it one more time...Wink

Peanuts go in Coca Cola.

You put cherry in Coca Cola for Cherry Coke.

Vanilla in Pepsi - for Vanilla Pespi

Royal Crown Cola [ RC]  you don't put 'nuttin' in.  You DO wash down Moon Pies with RC [ RC and Moon Pie].

Seven-Up [ 7up]  is what you eat Crunchy Cheeto's with.  And with Chocolate ice cream makes a 7-up Float.

Dr. Pepper in the winter heated with lemon added is great.

Root Beer is for Root Bear Floats.

Creme Soda is also used for Creme Soda Floats.

Grapette Is coming back!! Yippie.  Makes a great Grapette moustache, and Grappette Floatette.

Now to keep the kiddies away from the really good homemade ice cream made with Peaches, Strawberries and such...

Orange Crush is to make Orange Ice Cream.  To really Cheat - order the ice cream ball from LLBean.

Now this newfangled Diet, Ultra Diet, and Fru Fru is totally useless and not needed. The downfall of society and what is wrong with kids can be attributed to 1) no balcony in picture shows. 2) demise of drive-in picture shows, 3) all these worthless diet and whatever Cokes [ coke is what you call any of the aforementioned in the south - Yankees call it "pop" ...don't get me started...4) Plastic!  You ain't supposed to put coke in Plastic!! That is WRONG!

Tutorial over - now ya know! Smiley

What this forum needs:
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 02:31:34 PM »
mtnbkr-

One more thing.

You have a young one. IF  Irwin really is your friend - he would buy your kid a LLBEAN ball ice cream maker. Cheesy

Mike...it'll keep the kid from using you as a jungle gym...think about it.

Stickjockey

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »
Ya Forgot Doritos with Mountain Dew. Wink
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

What this forum needs:
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 03:31:46 PM »
Not the "mountain dew"  I was exposed to as a kid. ... this   one was a private distributed commodity...that  other one was not even around..Wink

One sipped from a mason jar...
...still availble  *ahem* if'n you know err...nevemind.

grampster

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »
Sigh...Will mtnbkr never learn to stop putting nickels in the sm machine. *grin*Tongue

Hmmmmm...diet coke, vanilla ice cream n' chocolate syrup.

Dr. Pepper and a couple of slapped mint sprigs.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Paddy

What this forum needs:
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 04:29:18 PM »
Pepsi IS coke.  So is root beer, Dr Pepper and 7up.  All coke.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
What this forum needs:
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 04:32:55 PM »
Pepsi IS coke.  So is root beer, Dr Pepper and 7up.  All coke.
Yep. All coke.
Hi.

grampster

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 04:49:35 PM »
I thought coke was some sort of by product of the steel industry, or used in the making of steel.    So, if I combine Pepsi, root beer, 7-Up and Dr. Pepper I can have a 1964 Plymouth Barracuda?  (Light blue, please, just like the one I bought in '64)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
What this forum needs:
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 05:15:41 PM »
Quote from: grampster
I thought coke was some sort of by product of the steel industry, or used in the making of steel.
Coke is coal with the by-products cooked out of it, used in blast furnaces to make steel.  Pepsi is a soft drink, known as "pop".

7UP is for sissies.  RC is OK if there is no real "pop" available (see above).

I'll leave Mountain Dew completely out of my reply.  (Oops, I didn't, did I?)

grampster

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 05:25:44 PM »
Heh heh.

mtnbkr

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 05:40:18 PM »
Sigh...Will mtnbkr never learn to stop putting nickels in the sm machine.
Sometimes it's so easy...

While I'm a "ginnian" by choice, I'm a North Carolinian by birth.  I learnt the PEANUTS IN THE PEPSI thing in NC.  I've never seen a native "ginnian" do that.

Chris

What this forum needs:
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »
Quote from: Larry Ashcraft
7UP is for sissies.
Sigh...

I wag him all over Tulsa and the boy still didn't learn nothing...Smiley

7UP glass bottles are green so you can put the wine, moonshine, straight whiskey ( none of that blended crap)...etc.,  in them empty ones  going to the drive-in picture show with your date.

You give the man the $1 for your vehicle to enter, "flashlight man"   only sees the 7UP cardboard holder for the glass bottles. Anytime the "flashlight man" wanders near your vehicle, or "them adults" -you know the ones that drug the kids along to swing off speaker poles and play tether - ball with speakers upon said pole...

1)They only see 7UP bottles
2)Occupants of vehicle must have dropped some popcorn...'cause they ain't watching the movie and by the looks of things your vehicle needs shocks...

I told ya society went to hell in a handbasket with the demise of the drive-in picture show. Smiley

What this forum needs:
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 06:01:35 PM »
mtnbkr,

NC ??

NC like in NC that uses a mustard base for BBQ sauce?

Sigh...

No wonder you got all fouled up and put peanuts in the Pepsi...

Everybody Knows [tm] ya don't put peanuts in Pepsi and BBQ sauce ain't yellow.

Wink

What this forum needs:
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 06:04:45 PM »
LawDog!!!

Get over here....Sir!

WE need a ruling on BBQ sauce here.  I don't think  mtnbkr meant to "impersonate" BBQ sauce, a think a verbal warning is all that should be administered.

:neener:

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
What this forum needs:
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 06:12:49 PM »
I always saw RC's (arrruh-`SEES) as the primary fluid medium for peanuts around ETX. Of course, the red sugar peanut patties are tough to put in through a bottleneck.   We used to keep RC's in the 'fridge to keep the young'uns from drinking all the Dr. Pepper and Granmaw's Cokes.  RC's were always cheaper at the store, anyway.

I gotta agree, a nickel coke box is a great idea. Don't get one of those cooler-box types, though, with the flip-lid. Plastic coin slots in them can be hogged out so some people could use a nickel instead of a quarter to get them out. Learned that lesson at the church years ago, and they ended up replacing the box with a 'cheat-proof' model.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
What this forum needs:
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2005, 06:35:28 PM »
Does my buddy Steve know how to hijack a thread or what?...

What this forum needs:
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2005, 06:48:36 PM »
red sugar peanut patties
I still buy those...

Re: RC

My deal is - I remember when Coca-Cola was a nickel. A red metal machine about so high, insert nickel, raise the sliding lid and the cylinder turned and one pulled out a 6 1/2 oz., REAL Coke - and always ice in the neck of the bottle...real bottle, thick, heavy - not this thin  10oz jobbie with fake coke in it.

Coke is wrong - they changed the formula - don't care what they say.

I mean it was a BIG deal when they went to a bigger glass bottle, price went up, and less and less nickel coke machines were seen.  ONLY drink in that machine was COKE in 6 1/2 oz bottle.

I am taking notice one day about how many varieties of  just Coke there are today.  Then I take in all the varieties of  other products like Pepsi.

I am standing there one day looking into this new Gee-Whiz   Dispenser we have at College.  I mean it is really cool to watch how this machine works...

I don't  even see a plain Jane Drink of any kind in it.  Not even the Orange juice...it had Guava, Mango , Kumquat or something blended it in...Water...not even plain water, it is flavored.

I had to run an errand over at the Admin bld where there is canteen with Human Beings behind the counter...I look into the Fridge, I do a double take, I snatch open that sucker and I have in my hands a RC.  No bells - whistles, diet this, Kumquat that, - just a regular old simple RC.

Damn - it was sooo good.  So I have started  back on RC  when I cannot find a regular DP.  

Trout & Reyes were correct in predicting Line Extension would be the death of many products...sure has turned me off of many.

Fizzies - they need to bring these back .  Not really that great of taste - fun as hell to give a neighbor's cat one tho'...

What this forum needs:
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 06:51:31 PM »
Larry -

There happens to be folks assisting me with this behind the scenes - I hear that side bets are at work too...

It is cheering someone up whom is lurking and in need of humor ....

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
What this forum needs:
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2005, 07:03:18 PM »
You know, the more sm posts, the better I like him.

I told ya society went to hell in a handbasket with the demise of the drive-in picture show.
Ain't it the truth. The $50 per person 20 screen megaplexes have nothing on a gold old fashioned drive-in.

But to digress back to the original topic, that's not a bad idea blackburn. An index thread for selected topics made into a sticky at the top would be nice.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 07:27:10 PM »
The statute of limitations hasn't run on a lot of good stories that could be told around this joint.

Regards,
Rabbit.
Albert Einstein

nico

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 07:31:12 PM »
It's called SODA you damn yankees!!  angry  Cheesy

I don't even remember the last time I saw an RC Cola.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 07:42:26 PM »
That's why we made the young'uns drink it.

Everybody knows real Dr. Pepper is made in Stephenville/Dublin Texas with real cane sugar, not that pap with corn sweetners that the rest of the world gets.

Regards,
Rabbit.
Albert Einstein