Author Topic: What this forum needs:  (Read 9868 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 07:53:24 PM »
MTNBKR/SM,

"Peanuts go in Coca Cola."

What in the hell are you freaks of southern-born nature talking about?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 07:55:36 PM »
"You have a young one. IF  Irwin really is your friend - he would buy your kid a LLBEAN ball ice cream maker.  

Mike...it'll keep the kid from using you as a jungle gym...think about it."

A glue gun will do the same thing.

Or a roofing nail through the shoe, between the toes, and into the floor. That way she can run in circles.

Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 08:00:29 PM »
"It's called SODA you damn yankees!!"

Uhm... excuse the hell out of me, yonder rebel person, but where I grew up, in Pennsylvania (known as Yankee land to you clowns from below the Manson-Nixon line), it was SODA.

Only the freaks from west of the Allegheny Mountains called it pop.

grampster

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 08:05:39 PM »
Er...Ahhh....sm didn't hijack this here thread.  I did!!!  I merely "invoked" sm and  His Honor merely (merrily, meirly,merly, mierly?)began to opine thereafter.  I think credit is deserved where credit is due.  Credit is as credit does, someone once said.Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Subby

What this forum needs:
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 08:18:04 PM »
Mr. Irwin is correct.  Over here on the proper side of the mountains, it's pop.  I was once in Harrisburg and asked for a pop and I got a dirty look.  They don't even say "yunz" or "redd up" over in the Scrapple Belt.  

Sub

grampster

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2005, 08:21:27 PM »
Crap, I had a good story on sm and hit the delete button by mistake.  It was a doozy too.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

What this forum needs:
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2005, 08:26:21 PM »
Mike,

You buy a glass bottle of Coke and a bag of salted peanuts.  Pour peanuts into the Coke.  

The original and still best Drink & Eat dealie.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2005, 08:29:02 PM »
"They don't even say "yunz" or "redd up" over in the Scrapple Belt."

Yunz? Never. That sounds like a lisp caused by inhaling all that smoke from the steel mills.

Redd up? Are you joking? That's a Central Pennsylvania mainstay.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19980526

And all you got was a dirty look for asking for a pop?

You got off lucky. When I was a kid, we'll whack you and giving you a viking funeral in the Susquehanna. Tongue

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
What this forum needs:
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2005, 08:29:14 PM »
Quote from: sm
Royal Crown Cola [ RC]  you don't put 'nuttin' in.
WRONG!!

Royal Crown mixes well with Crown Royal (whiskey), and it even sounds like it was a match made in heaven.
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2005, 08:35:55 PM »
Every time I get to Southern Illinois, there's a small diner in Cairo I like to go to that serves ONLY RC products.

That's the only place I've ever been that doens't serve Coke or Pepsi.

As for Pepsi, Coke, and RC all being coke, no. They're all cola. Only Coke is coke.

Coke used to have a trademark on the word Cola, as well, but they left Pepsi use it for years when Coke was the only big national soda. But when Pepsi started competing with them, Coke turned around and sued over the use of the word Cola, saying it was a trademark infringement. Pepsi countered with the argument that Coke had allowed the trademark to expire through benign neglect. Pepsi won. Moral of the story? You have to protect your intellectual property. If you don't, you'll lose it.

What this forum needs:
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2005, 08:44:32 PM »
gramspter...

I "might" have  committed a  few transgressions in my life....
I "may" commit some more before it is all said and done...

What is the statute of limitations on putting a Volkswagon in between two pine trees?  I had to leave before the wrecker showed up at school so the  "stuck up" teacher could drive her Beetle home...I heard it was something to behold - not the VW- the coniption fit the teacher threw...

Back in '70 - "stuck up" and " better than everyone else" said Santana stunk, Carlos couldn't play guitar, and MY  cute young Biology teacher wore her mini- skirts way too short.  Mrs. Collier [ MY Bio teacher] looked mighty fine to me...she drove a Vette...

Stuck up  also said "pop" .

One must do what one must do...matter of principle you understand?

I know nothing about the Ant Farm that "appeared" in said "stuck ups"  desk either...rumor is "Cricket" did it...Cricket was a looker with long legs...you figure out the nickname...

Subby

What this forum needs:
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 08:44:54 PM »
I stand corrected.  Luckily for me I was raised on the banks of the Monongahela, and therefore am impervious to your funerals, on the Susky or otherwise.  I still can't believe that the Bassmaster Classic is being held in Pittsburgh.  My old man didn't catch a smallmouth out of the Mon until he was nearly 30.  It's a different world out here, that's for certain.

Sub

What this forum needs:
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 08:51:02 PM »
Humm...

Crown Royal IIRC is a blended whiskey - correct?

Well I quit the booze in '84. Been sober ever since.

NOW when I did drink - I drank.  You gonna drink Whiskey, Bourbon - drink Whiskey or Bourbon - "Straight"  none of that blended crap - don't care if it comes with a cool ditty bag.  

Straight Bourbon Whiskey, ice cube, "maybe" a splash of water.  Why screw up the booze and whatever mixer - by mixing?  None of them damn umbrella drinks either.

Shot glasses are fine. I used  Dansk Crystal Tumblers oval in shape. You gonna do something - do it right and with class. Wink

Granted the Dansk don't float when you drop one overboard off a johnboat Bream Fishing - but I bought these a dozen at a time anyway...

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
What this forum needs:
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2005, 09:20:36 PM »
I think Crown Royal is a blended Canadian "whisky".  It's not my favorite, but it's only natural to mix it with RC Cola.  I'm more of a cheap guy and drink Windsor, which most definately is blended.  I'd drink Jack Daniels if I could justify the cost, it is about twice as much as Windsor.  Scotch isn't a turn-on whatsoever.

Of course this is all in past tense because I no longer drink either.
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 03:22:11 AM »
"You buy a glass bottle of Coke and a bag of salted peanuts."

Good god, that is just repulsive.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
What this forum needs:
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2005, 04:26:01 AM »
"What this forum needs:"
A popcorn machine.

Coke/pop/soda? Bah! Iced tea is the only way to go.  Sweet tea if'n you can find it.

mtnbkr

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2005, 05:01:49 AM »
NC like in NC that uses a mustard base for BBQ sauce?
No, vinegar based.  Mustard based is SC or southern parts of NC IIRC.  What kind of heathen do you think I am? Smiley

That way she can run in circles
heck, she'll do that without the roofing nail.

Good god, that is just repulsive.
That's why you use Pepsi instead. Tongue

Iced tea is the only way to go
Got a funny story about "tea".

A few years ago, at a family bbq in NC (vinegar based sauce, peanuts in PEPSI), we were all sitting around, watching the hog cook, drinkin', etc.  Well, towards the late afternoon, the few "teetotalers" in the family show up.  We had to start pouring our beer in the same red cups that other folks were drinking sweet tea from.  For the rest of the afternoon, we started referring to our beer as "tea".  My cousin's boyfriend, who's from California and not totally up to speed on NC culture, remarked during a later family gathering that we must really like our tea.  The poor boy had gone all day thinking we were drinking iced tea. Smiley  Ok, so it's not as funny in text, but it was hilarious in person.  Anyhoo, he's assimilating quite well.  My uncle has him out turkey and deer hunting now that he's married into the family.  He, on the other hand, is bringing new culinary delights to our tables by virtue of his Hispanic heritage.  

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2005, 06:14:04 AM »
"What kind of heathen do you think I am?"

I can answer that... Smiley

I've eaten MTNBKR's family recipe, vinegar-based BBQ sauce on pulled pork. The stuff is QUITE good.

My first choice is a Memphis or KC style BBQ sauce, though.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
What this forum needs:
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2005, 06:21:50 PM »
Since the thread has swung around to BBQ, let's get something straight...

Pueblo CO is the HOME of real BBQ.  Nevermind we also have the Mexican food and green chili world accolades.

My friend, Calvin Jackson (aka A.J.; "Action Jackson") is an 82 year old black man who built his own pit.  He has cooked 36 hams at once.

Now, A.J. ain't giving out any recipes, but a slab of his ribs will make a believer out of you.

'nuff said.

Preacherman

What this forum needs:
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2005, 06:43:32 PM »
Only if you'll marry me, Blackburn...

cheesy
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

What this forum needs:
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2005, 07:04:01 PM »
Time for Thread Veer again. Cheesy

Beats the hell out of caliber wars and what gun for shooting fire ants...

Topic: Surgar.

Iced coffee is what I am having right now. I don't use much surgar at all. I buy the itty bitty bag, and my last one was 3 yrs old. I gave it to a neighbor save for a small mason jar amount I kept...in case I had a need later on.

I may be Southern, I don't put surgar in tea, or coffee. I drink them as is.

So I am at mom's. I got out the glass juicer to make limeade and lemonade. I use "Splenda" - mom says.
"Splenda who?"

Okay...how many types of sweetner do we really need ?  What in the hell is wrong with real surgar?  Granted I rarely use a sweetner....still...am I the only person that does not have to have everything "doctored" ?

I made my limeade and lemonade - I did not sweeten it.  I ain't doing artifical sweetner.  Actually quite good the limeade and lemonade straight up.

mtnbkr

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2005, 04:52:47 AM »
Artificial sweetners are good for folks with diabetes or weight problems.  My dad has T2 diabetes and has to limit his sugar intake.  Splenda is a sugar based sweetener with the flavor of sugar, but without the calories.  It's quite good.  I'd use it at home, but it gives my wife headaches (I think it's just withdrawal).

Personally, I don't add sugar to much either.  I drink my coffee black unless I'm getting it from a gas station or Starbucks (moreso if from starbucks).  I prefer unsweet tea as well.  My wife, on the other hand, likes tea so sweet, it'll rot your teeth just looking at it.  She's a prime candidate for artificial sweeteners, but she prefers sugar.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What this forum needs:
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2005, 05:26:40 AM »
Surgar...

What the hell is that?

Some southern spelling?

What this forum needs:
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2005, 06:10:04 AM »
Sugar spelled wrong.

I make mistakes.

My apologies.

griz

• friend
What this forum needs:
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2005, 06:40:55 AM »
Anybody old enough to know why a poker game where 2's, 4's and 10's are wild is called Doctor Pepper?

And to encompass more of the country, I proclaim that new england clam chowder is better than that tomato soup stuff. Tongue
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.