Author Topic: The latest TSA idiocy  (Read 4861 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: The latest TSA idiocy
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
I wonder what would happen if you got 2,000 volunteers to go to any major airport en masse and all of them were wearing the same protest t-shirts with slogans derogatory to the TSA.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »
I wonder what would happen if you got 2,000 volunteers to go to any major airport en masse and all of them were wearing the same protest t-shirts with slogans derogatory to the TSA.

How about thousands of people wearing uniforms identical to the ones TSA gets?

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »

How about thousands of people wearing uniforms identical to the ones TSA gets?

I like that one even better although I'm sure it would result in some sort of criminal charges.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
And since no one else has.........

Presenting the New TSA Spokesperson
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
I dunno.  I've attended a protest at an airport.  It was nationwide, and it garnered lots of attention.  A couple groups were thrown out, no one was arrested, and some airlines changed their policies and employee education.

But we brought babies along.  grin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
A while back, there was apparently some sort of protest in DC where a whole bunch of people were wearing trenchcoats, nose-and-mustache disguises and signs that said SPY, and were wandering around looking at each other through binoculars and taking pictures of each other.

I'm just picturing a swarm of people in blank uniforms tailored exactly like TSA ones milling around an airport security checkpoint.

It'd be sort of like that scene in the remake of "The Thomas Crowne Affair" with all the identical businessmen in bowler hats.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »
A while back, there was apparently some sort of protest in DC where a whole bunch of people were wearing trenchcoats, nose-and-mustache disguises and signs that said SPY, and were wandering around looking at each other through binoculars and taking pictures of each other.

I'm just picturing a swarm of people in blank uniforms tailored exactly like TSA ones milling around an airport security checkpoint.

It'd be sort of like that scene in the remake of "The Thomas Crowne Affair" with all the identical businessmen in bowler hats.

This reminds me of the most bizarre protest I ever saw: A bunch of white supremacists parading around Washington DC in their boots and deliverance-style fatigues and shirts.

Even the cab driver was laughing at them-wrong city.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."