Author Topic: The Last Ship  (Read 2119 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: The Last Ship
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »
I was ejected from the theater during a showing of Top Gun, MIG 28 my *expletive deleted*ss. That along with other disparaging remarks about the movie eventually got me asked to leave. I don't care what my wife says, the tequila had nothing to do with it!!! ;)

That is what they get for showing that movie so close to a Naval Air Station.  :)

bob

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »
Long as you like it who gives a crap what I think.  ;)

:cool:

Avoid cliches like the plague!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 08:35:34 PM »
This.

I tried to watch it,  but even with Adam Baldwin I couldn't. I'm glad it's entertaining you though,  it had potential as long as you have never been on a military vessel.

Out of curiosity, would the Navy folks list what is inaccurate?

I was more of a firm ground type. Screw spending months on a tin can...  but I know plenty of folks who liked it. I'm just not a deep water kind of guy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 08:57:56 PM »
I've given up on real accuracy, especially in military thrillers, a long time ago. 
Just don't tell me that Hogan's Heroes wasn't an accurate portrayal of life in a German POW camp . . . and that McHale's Navy took liberties with WWII PT boat operations as well.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »
Just don't tell me that Hogan's Heroes wasn't an accurate portrayal of life in a German POW camp

Well we do know that the POWs made Colditz a pretty wild camp and often pulled lots of nutty antics.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!