Author Topic: The Last Starfighter  (Read 2511 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: The Last Starfighter
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2020, 10:53:53 PM »
Directed by Rian Johnson?

Paul Fieg.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2020, 09:44:00 AM »
I had the book in the early to mid 80's. Whenever it came out. In all the moves since then it has be lost.
There was a book?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »
There was a book?

I read the "Gremlins 2" book around the same time. Called "novelization" of the movie. (what ever happened to novelizations? Oh, right. Hollywood no longer produces anything worth reproducing.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2020, 09:15:04 PM »
I read the "Gremlins 2" book around the same time. Called "novelization" of the movie. (what ever happened to novelizations? Oh, right. Hollywood no longer produces anything worth reproducing.)
Okay.  The closest to that I have read is an Outlaw Josey Whales book.  It had a second story with it as well.  Maybe the Jurassic Park books are close, but they came before the movie I think. 

I guess I read a bunch of Robotech books at one time which followed the same plot as the cartoon. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge