Author Topic: The latest COVID shortage: joysticks  (Read 458 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The latest COVID shortage: joysticks
« on: December 06, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »
Apparently, with the popularity of MS Flight Simulator and other games due to COVID, it is very difficult to find a flight joystick.  On eBay and third party sellers on Amazon, if they are available at all, joysticks are going for much more than the typical retail price. 

One of the grandkids asked for a Thrustmaster joystick, and on Amazon, the availability, prices and shipping dates fluctuate several times a day.  I paid over $ 110 from a third party seller for a basic unit that ordinarily retails for $ 67 and it should arrive before Christmas.  Amazon itself is out of stock until January. I figured that I should bite the bullet and get it now while I could.

I myself have an older Logitech extreme pro that I bought for $ 30 on sale many years ago.  The current list price is $ 40, it is out of stock everywhere and on eBay and third-party sellers, it is listing for close to $ 90 if you want one in stock and delivered by Christmas.

Maybe I should start speculating in game controllers.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: The latest COVID shortage: joysticks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 02:00:54 PM »
I picked up a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro when I was down for either my 1st shoulder surgery and was playing FS X. Haven't used it too much lately and haven't bought FS 2020 yet.

A lot of "hobby" stuff is is very short supply. When I was down for the 2nd shoulder surgery I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to give RC airplanes a go. Haven't had particularly awesome results but the last time I took the plane out to fly I had it up 3 times and I brought it home in one piece and didn't have to order any parts or do any repairs so... progress. Finding popular RTF planes is not easy and even the deeper levels of the hobby is seeing supply shortages. Partly due to a fair sized increase in demand and partly to an interruption in the supply chain.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams