Main Forums > The Roundtable

Dishwasher salt - now a thing

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brad Johnson:
Only works if the dishwasher has an integrated softener.

Brad

K Frame:
I had no idea they were now making dishwashers with built in water softeners. Interesting.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 01, 2020, 01:47:07 PM ---I had no idea they were now making dishwashers with built in water softeners. Interesting.

--- End quote ---

It's my very first time being an early adopter.

Jim147:
Nice like Bosch needed to add something else to go wrong.

Brad Johnson:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 01, 2020, 01:47:07 PM ---I had no idea they were now making dishwashers with built in water softeners. Interesting.

--- End quote ---

It's a new thing but I'm not yet convinced it's a good thing. Lab glass washers have had internal softening systems for decades but it's just now making its way to residential units. To me it'd just be one more thing to service, or to leak over time, though I suppose it isn't much removed from having to refill the JetDry reservoir every so often. At the very least it'll make for nice clean dishes.

Also, resin beds eventually need replacing, though I'm guessing the resin bed lifespan is roughly equivalent to that of the average residential dishwasher so it may not be an issue.

As for the salt... I'd bet a good hamburger that water softener salt crystals (not pellets) are probably the same thing as "dishwasher salt" with the only difference being cost - fifty cents a pound versus three bucks.

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version