Author Topic: pilot clanks when he walks  (Read 6846 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
pilot clanks when he walks
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRYOKSBHxmI&feature=related

med evac  i think his moneys no good in the bar
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: pilot clanks when he walks
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:11:48 PM »
Gotta give props to the rest of the crew also.  One wrong adjustment on the crew chiefs part and the lot of them are done in.  Applause to the whole crew.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:18:41 PM »
'scuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the floor.

Absolutely amazing.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »
Gotta give props to the rest of the crew also.  One wrong adjustment on the crew chiefs part and the lot of them are done in.  Applause to the whole crew.

true  faith and teamwork

theres a book called "chickenhawk" by a nam vet chopper pilot thats a good read
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »
That was pretty cool.  Thanks for posting it!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »

Absolutely.  Hail to the (crew) chief!

Thank goodness the pilot can't see what's going on, 'cause he would say it can't be done.  But the crew chief knows his bird and his pilot - just do what I say and I'll bring everybody home safe and sound.

And yeah, I'll buy the pilot a drink, too.  If for no other reason than to calm his nerves after seeing what his crew chief put him through.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
If I was ever in a situation that a pilot put it on the line to save my ass he and his crew are going to get free steak dinners and drinks.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
As mentioned, don't neglect the crew in a touch down like that.  The pilot can't see back there and has to go by the crew chiefs directions.

I'll second the recomendation.  Robert Mason is the author.  He also published a book called Weapon which is about a fighting robot.  Despite the way it sounds, it's more philosophy than science fiction.  Both are worth a read.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
I believe I have already read Chickenhawk, but will check it out.

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »
so what youb guys with real experience figure he had for clearance to ground? 6 foot to rotor tip? 8? it looked pucker close to me

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
Hell, I used to that stuff all the time back when I was a SEEL.   =D

Wow.  Just, ... Wow.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »
so what youb guys with real experience figure he had for clearance to ground? 6 foot to rotor tip? 8? it looked pucker close to me

Been awhile since I had to worry about a LZ for helios but there was plenty of room there.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
Holy Moses - very impressive. Only thing that I can say is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkJfMrQ4bc
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »
true  faith and teamwork

Good book.

My neighbor drove hueys, got shot down, and enjoyed the hospitality of NVN for a few years.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 01:25:49 AM »

And the amazing warrior stud (or stone-crazy mad man) out there walking around on the ramp while the pilot was parking.  :O  :lol:

I couldn't tell if that was Army or Marines. Anybody know?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »
Army.  Marines don't have CH47's.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 06:52:34 AM »
Army.  Marines don't have CH47's.

When did they give them up?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »
When did they give them up?

stay safe.

Marines have never had 'em.  CH46 Sea Knight is standard Marine fare.
Fastest way to identify them is size first, CH47 is much larger. Also look at then landing gear. Two separate assemblies on the nose, whereas the 46 has a single nose assembly. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »
Army.  Marines don't have CH47s skillz.

Thanks.  =)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »
Everyone stand back or I will blow a new crater in this little moon!

=D

Wow - I'm surprised the difference in ground cushion effect between the two rotors didn't flip the chopper right down the mountainside  :O

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
And the amazing warrior stud (or stone-crazy mad man) out there walking around on the ramp while the pilot was parking.  :O  :lol:

I couldn't tell if that was Army or Marines. Anybody know?

I can't confirm what branch those guys are from since they weren't wearing the standard uniform of any of us.  They are either contractors or SF (SEALS, Green Berets, Delta, Force Recon....).

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »
I can't confirm what branch those guys are from since they weren't wearing the standard uniform of any of us.  They are either contractors or SF (SEALS, Green Berets, Delta, Force Recon....).

Considering they had prisoners and needed a medevac for some of them from the middle of nowhere....
I'd be surprised to see the SF guys videotaping and youtubing that, though. 

Thanks.  =)

I see what you did there.

JD

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
Everyone stand back or I will blow a new crater in this little moon!

=D

Masterful.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 10:44:06 PM »
Considering they had prisoners and needed a medevac for some of them from the middle of nowhere....
I'd be surprised to see the SF guys videotaping and youtubing that, though. 

I see what you did there.

Only stating that since they were wearing old desert camo.  Wasn't even chocolate chip and then their helmets were tan without covers.  And I saw one or two suppressed weapons in the group.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
>I see what you did there.<

Yep... he corrected the statement to true... :P
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)