Author Topic: Cigar Trading  (Read 5116 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Cigar Trading
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 11:44:02 PM »
BenW, still waiting.  Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Ex-ma, smoked one you sent me yesterday.  Good smoke.  The "field humidor" test is underway.  The paper towel seems to hold moisture rather well.  It has been about 4 days so far.  Will check the cigars I put in tomorrow and see how well they have "recharged."  Stuck 4 rather dried out Cubans to start with.  Hope to find this breathed some life into them.

Ex-ma, spoke to the wife yesterday, the 2nd, and she stated that cigars are packed and will ship today, the 3rd.

All things in Iraq are doing good.  No signs of increased violence due to the hanging of Saddam.  Everything seems to be "normal" for the time being.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 03:24:37 AM »
BenW, cigars arrived today.  They are in good shape.  Thank you and I will let you know how they smoke in a day or so.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 04:27:15 AM »
Cool.
One day at a time.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 04:37:40 AM »
Glad they made it in one piece -- hope you enjoy them!

Out of curiosity, was the paper towel still damp at all? I want to work on fine-tuning the "field expedient" humidor.... Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 05:29:10 AM »
Yes it is.  It is quite wet also.  I am still working on it from my side also.  I need to wet my paper towel more because the cigars I am experimenting with are extremely dried out.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »
Ex-ma, spoke to the wife yesterday, the 2nd, and she stated that cigars are packed and will ship today, the 3rd.

Got them today sir, thank you.  You took very good care of me.
One day at a time.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 05:06:51 PM »

Got them today sir, thank you.  You took very good care of me.

You are quite welcome.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:46 AM »
I don't have anything to trade...

I 'quit' ciggarettes long ago but still get the urge for a very occasional smoke, and ciggarettes aren't a very fulfilling occasional smoke. I'd like recommendations on an available, affordable, and inoffensive for the newbie cigar.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 04:13:33 AM »
Maccanudo.  This, to me, is the ideal starter cigar.  Anything with a lightly shaded wrapper.  The dark wrapper is a lot heavier, and in my opinion, is not a good cigar for a newbie cigar smoker.  Larger cigars tend to burn smoother and cooler and longer, smaller ones faster and hotter.  It a matter of finding a size that you like.

Also Fonsecas are nice.
One day at a time.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 06:16:52 AM »
I don't have anything to trade...

I 'quit' ciggarettes long ago but still get the urge for a very occasional smoke, and ciggarettes aren't a very fulfilling occasional smoke. I'd like recommendations on an available, affordable, and inoffensive for the newbie cigar.
Ask the old fogeys who staff your local tobacco shop.  They'll be lots of help.

In general, cigars are categorized according to how strong they are: mild bodied, medium bodied, or full bodied.  New smokers are advised to start with mild cigars, as stronger cigars can be overpowering and maybe even nauseating. 

Macanudo is the big name in world of mild cigars, but they're somewhat expensive, and in my own personal opinion kinda boring.  Other good mild cigars include Helix, Fonseca, Casa Torano, and others.  Ask the folks at the cigar shop for a recommendation, they won't let you down.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 07:05:45 AM »
I second what Thompson said.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »
I'm also a newbie...  I've had some various cigars from a shop near campus, but I know too little about them to really know what I want...  It feels like not knowing the difference between an AK and a hi-point!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 08:09:14 AM »
Anyone ready for a new round of cigar trading?

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 08:46:31 AM »
I'm in.
One day at a time.

auschip

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 09:49:35 AM »
I would be interested.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 05:40:26 AM »
Hello?  Anyone out there?

If you were involved in the first round of cigar trading, please indicate whether you wish to do so again.  This means YOU:
1)  BenW
2)  wmenorr67
3)  ex-ma hole
4)  dasmi
5)  Headless Thompson Gunner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 05:54:20 AM »
I guess I am game again.  Considering all the free ones everyone has been sending me overhere.  Guess I can have the wife send out some more.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm down again.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 01:15:46 PM »
I'll add auschip to the list.  That leaves dasmi as the only question mark remaining.

Anyone new want to join us?  Nick1911, perhaps?  Best way to learn which cigars you like and which you don't is to smoke a bunch...

auschip

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 09:53:37 AM »
So, who is sending cigars to whom?  I have a whole box of Kind Edwards to send to someone!  (kidding)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »
Umm, whoops.  I sorta forgot about this.  Sorry...

OK, so everyone except dasmi said they to go another round.  auschip said he wanted to be added to the list.  That makes the list-keeping easy, I'll just swap one name for the other:
1)  BenW
2)  wmenorr67
3)  ex-ma hole
4)  auschip
5)  Headless Thompson Gunner

Find the name on the list that falls two slots below your own:
BenW --> ex-ma hole
wmenorr67 --> auschip
...and so on

PM your recipient for his address and send ~$15 worth of stogies to him. 

Happy smoking, y'all.   grin

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2007, 12:37:08 PM »
Bump.  Y'all saw this, right?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »
Auschip got my address from me and I'm waiting to hear back from ex-ma hole on his.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 05:03:12 AM »
Bump.  Y'all saw this, right?

I just noticed this this morning-

Headless, could I get you address when you get a second?

M
One day at a time.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 05:23:18 AM »
Got your PM ex-ma hole -- I'll get yours in the mail either tomorrow or Monday.