Author Topic: Now, who is your favorite western star???  (Read 765 times)

Waitone

• friend
Now, who is your favorite western star???
« on: February 11, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »
Now that we've determined the cream of the crop in westerns, who is your favorite western star?  I'm not interested in box office draw.  I'm talkin' who is the most realistic and believable star in movies or TV.

I have always thought Clint Eastwood would not have made it as big as he did had
Eric Flemming (Gil Favor, Rowdy's trail boss) remained alive.  He just had the look and feel of a genuine official cowpuncher.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

CAnnoneer

• friend
Re: Now, who is your favorite western star???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Charles Bronson (in that order).

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Now, who is your favorite western star???
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 06:05:38 PM »
I'll be honest, I haven't really seen that many westerns, and this is the only one I've seen him in, but Yul Brynner was awesome in Magnificent Seven.
Then of course, there's Lee Van Cleef, Eastwood, Audie Murphy and John Wayne.  I'm also partial to Willie Nelson in Barbarosa.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.