Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead  (Read 32212 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Michael Jackson Dead (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
I hope he survives.  Otherwise, we'll spend the next two weeks hearing about how great he was. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »
I hope he survives.  Otherwise, we'll spend the next two weeks hearing about how great he was. 

Might as well get it over with now.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
I'm thinking that with Farrah Fawcett dead as well, maybe that'll make the media spend only half as much time glurging about how great The Gloved One was....  Either that or instead of only half the news time spent on a celebrity, they'll spend ALL their time glurging on two dead celebrities and we won't get any news at all...  (not that this is a huge departure from the norm on most mainstream media)
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:20:28 PM »
Sad to hear, this. I basically grew up on a few tapes of Jackson that I played over and over. =(
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
Well, LA Times has just confirmed that he was pronounced dead.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »

Can I just be labeled a "hater" now and get it over with?  

He hasn't been relevant since the 80's, he hasn't been safe to leave around kids since the 90's, and his crotch must be black and blue from the pummeling he delivers to it when he's supposed to be singing.

I love the family guy skit with MJ dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_gNY5UsqGE
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »

Complete with black and white photos. :rolleyes:
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Michael Jackson Dead
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »
Don't forget the Simpson's appearance.  MJ doing the voice for a fat white delusional guy character who thought he was MJ.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:49:06 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »
Don't forget the Simpson's appearance.  MJ doing to voice for a fat white delusional guy character who thought he was MJ.

Possibly his finest work.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 06:43:59 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
Jackson was great.

He was one of the great entertainers/showmen of the 20th century. He could sing, he could dance, he could mesmerize audiences, and he could sell product.

Unfortunately, that greatness came wrapped in a thick coating of extreme weirdness, and probable insanity and pedophilia.

Great artists are often very tormented people.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »
Oh, and just FYI...

Everyone has heard the pedophilia jokes.

No need to repeat them.

At least one has been booted already.

That's not a hint or a suggestion, either.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
i saw him when i was a kid  great show  i was chaperoning my lil bro to the show ended up having a great time.  oddly enough the next best show i ever saw was neil diamond
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »
You know, the last time I remember two stars of such notoriety dying on the same day was Jim Henson and Sammy Davis, Jr., back when I was working for the newspaper.

The staff at the paper was pretty strongly divided between older people and younger people. The newstaff was almost uniformly people in their 20s.

We would call stuff like that out in the news room so people knew if we were going to pull the front page apart.

It was really interesting to see the different reactions from the people when the two deaths were called out.

The younger people knew who Sammy Davis was, but the older people were affected.

When the call for Henson went out, the older people knew who he was, but the young people on the staff, myself included? We were quite literally traumatized. We had all grown up with Sesame Street and the Muppet Show.

The ONLY time I ever saw everyone affected in pretty much the same way was when Lucille Ball died.

taurusowner

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
I'm not disappointed.  That's all I'll say.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »
Oh, and just FYI...

Everyone has heard the pedophilia jokes.

No need to repeat them.

At least one has been booted already.

That's not a hint or a suggestion, either.

Does it count as a joke if I just say I'm always happy to hear about a child molester dying, regardless of if he could sing or not?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
Does it count as a joke if I just say I'm always happy to hear about a child molester dying, regardless of if he could sing or not?

Point to me where Jackson was convicted of pedophilia?
JD

taurusowner

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 07:29:51 PM »
The whole world is not a court.  Balog is not sending Jackson to prison.  Balog is not trying a case.  Balog is free to come to the conclusion he, and many, have come to regarding Jackson's guilt; and his feelings regarding his death reflect that conclusion.  As do mine in fact.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »
Lack of conviction in court proves nothing. Thousands of people get away with crime every day.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »
Point to me where OJ was convicted of murder.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Mike is right, the man was extremely talented.  I remember when he was just a little bitty member of the Jackson Five.  I don't care much about celebrities' personal lives.  In fact I don't care much about celebrities period.  But MJ did some pretty decent work back in the 80's and 90's.

The ONLY time I ever saw everyone affected in pretty much the same way was when Lucille Ball died.

Probably before your time, but I was in junior high when JFK was assassinated.  It affected everybody, regardless of party line or affiliation.  (And you're right, Lucy was pretty much our national sweetheart back in the 1950's.)

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »
Point to me where OJ was convicted of murder.

Make my point for me much?

JD

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
Make my point for me much?

Ummm, what? The fact that someone can jury nullify/bribe victims families/get off on a technicality has nothing to do with their factual guilt or innocence. Don't make me waste time searching for all your posts accusin someone of things that haven't been conclusively proven in a court of law.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
If you've got links of me directly accusing someone of an act they were acquitted of, send me the links and I'll apologize.

As for the king of pop's status as a pedophile, the word alleged comes to mind.  I wouldn't have let my kids hang around him.

He was certainly eccentric.
People often say that a person's true character shows in times of adversity.  Often, we get a glimpse of a person's character after they've had huge success.
JD