Author Topic: Presidential race influencing gun sales across the country  (Read 17777 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Presidential race influencing gun sales across the country
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:52 AM »
I'd love to get an FAL, but simply to due cost I'm planning on a couple Saigas in x39 and as many mags and cases of non-corrosive as I can get.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:56 AM »
"What's bling?"

That hoi paloi six position collapsing stock, you effete snob!  laugh
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »
I'd love to get an FAL, but simply to due cost I'm planning on a couple Saigas in x39 and as many mags and cases of non-corrosive as I can get.

You might want to at least get a parts kit, because what's left is going fast and going up in price. There's a few L1A1s from Australia and some Imbels, but that's about it. Once they're gone, likely no more will be coming in. Already, the barrels are destroyed on new ones.

That law was in force when I got my STG-58 kit. You want to see heartbreaking, see a brand-new, pristine Steyr barrel cut into pieces that was included with it. sad

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

You might want to at least get a parts kit, because what's left is going fast and going up in price. There's a few L1A1s from Australia and some Imbels, but that's about it. Once they're gone, likely no more will be coming in. Already, the barrels are destroyed on new ones.

That law was in force when I got my STG-58 kit. You want to see heartbreaking, see a brand-new, pristine Steyr barrel cut into pieces that was included with it. sad

It's strictly a budget matter at this point. Getting as much ammo and mags as I feel is prudent will be a stretch; also spending a couple hundred on a parts kit to a rifle that would add another caliber and mag requirement to the stable just isn't practical at the moment. And since the cheap x51 is running out feeding it is getting less practical too......
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »
"What's bling?"

That hoi paloi six position collapsing stock, you effete snob!  laugh

That's prudent planning for the day when a rather petite girl decides she wants to shoot it. Cheesy

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »

It's strictly a budget matter at this point. Getting as much ammo and mags as I feel is prudent will be a stretch; also spending a couple hundred on a parts kit to a rifle that would add another caliber and mag requirement to the stable just isn't practical at the moment. And since the cheap x51 is running out feeding it is getting less practical too......

Well, that definitely makes sense, yes. Better to have some things that you have something to feed. smiley

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »
"That's prudent planning for the day when a rather petite girl decides she wants to shoot it."

But you had it to the range and shot it a couple of weeks ago...  laugh
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »
"That's prudent planning for the day when a rather petite girl decides she wants to shoot it."

But you had it to the range and shot it a couple of weeks ago...  laugh

Huh?  No I didn't.  Haven't shot it in months.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
Geezsus, get a clue!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 11:15:17 AM »
Oh, got it.  Har har. Tongue

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 11:16:56 AM »
I may be old and deaf, but it's better than being young and oblivious!  cheesy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
I was considering getting another AR this fall.  I have a 20" barreled Armalite.  I was thinking of a 16" Rock River or S&W.  Not sure what I will get yet. 

One of those new CZ rifles would be great also if the mags weren't so much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
I'm considering knocking out some AR lowers from castings.  But alas, I don't think I'll have time to do that this year.

That said, if Obama gets elected, I'm buying some hardware.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »
If Obama gets elected I may get a shotgun a little sooner than I had planned.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 12:32:13 PM »
Ya'll ain't gonna believe it, but I just put down money on an DSA FAL. My dealer got in 3 today, and they came in while I was there, so I put down some money to hold it.

I can't really afford it, but I'm selling my LMT AR that I bought a couple of months ago, to a buddy that needs a rifle bad (he doesn't have a single rifle, and got burned badly by a DPMS AR-15). so, I'm going to take a slight loss and sell him a quality rifle. The FAL is $1200. I've also got a Marlin Camp 9 on consignment for some more cash for the FAL.

I have found the rifle of my dreams.

Avenger29

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
I had a DSA STG-58 for a while.  It was too big and heavy to make a good practical rifle.  It was a fine piece of engineering, though.  Good control layout.  Very robust and tough as nails.  That rifle would survive the end of the world and ask for more.

I might try one of DSA's lighter, shorter carbines some time.  Next time I hae a spare 2 grand and nothing better to spend it on.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »
For some reason, the weight doesn't bother me. I don't notice the difference between your standard AR vs the FAL. And yes, my AR is plain jane.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 01:12:20 PM »
Guns are never plain jane.  They're plain Jayne.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 01:26:02 PM »
For some reason, the weight doesn't bother me. I don't notice the difference between your standard AR vs the FAL. And yes, my AR is plain jane.

What kind of FAL did you buy?  Was it the STG-58, or was it one of DSA's other models?

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »
STG-58. Got it for $1150 from my dealer.

No need to pay more, IMHO. Looks good. I like it. Still at the store, waiting on me to sell my AR. My dealer would give me $800 for my AR, or I can sell my AR to my buddy, who badly needs it.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »
STG-58. Got it for $1150 from my dealer.

No need to pay more, IMHO. Looks good. I like it. Still at the store, waiting on me to sell my AR. My dealer would give me $800 for my AR, or I can sell my AR to my buddy, who badly needs it.

If you're not familiar with the operating system, you just want to get a good FAL manual first. The gas setting is important for reliable operation with different types of ammo. Smiley Join FALfiles for lots of helpful people who will answer questions on it.

You'll be astonished at how mild the recoil is with that rifle. Smoothest .308 there is. Also one of the nicest-looking!

And likewise, it's just so well-balanced that I just don't notice the weight. On the other hand, I picked up a SIG 556 and found it nose-heavy and hard to handle. It's not the weight, it's the balance. And a good FAL is wonderfully balanced.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 02:11:18 PM »
A while back, I downloaded the instructions for adjusting the gas system.

My dealer is also a FAL owner, and I will get him to show me how to adjust the system, too.

I'm finally feeling....completely satisfied about my choices of fighting rifles.

grin

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
You all seem to be assuming that, in an Obama presidency, the rifles you own will be grandfathered. What if they were not?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »
You all seem to be assuming that, in an Obama presidency, the rifles you own will be grandfathered. What if they were not?

TC

Then most get turned in, some get reported stolen, and the rest get confiscated.  And life goes on.  undecided

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »

What rifles I own?
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.