Author Topic: ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview  (Read 2468 times)

GingerGuy

ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview.  .

Charles Gibson of ABC News was out for blood and inherently applied a double-standard compared with the kid gloves George Stephanopoulos used on Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois on Sunday night.  Gibson was out to embarrass Palin and expose her presumed ignorance from the word go. By contrast, when Obama referred to his "Muslim faith" on Sunday and did not correct himself, Stephanopoulos rushed in at once to help him and emphasize that the senator had really meant to say his Christian faith.

Check out the actual interview by reading a transcript...Gov. Palin is "Country First".

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
Re: ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Link?
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

agricola

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/13/abc-news-edited-out-key-parts-sarah-palin-interview

edit:  I should point out that some of the quotes that were apparently edited out were definately in BBC coverage of the interview, so the claims it ended up on the cutting room floor may not be correct, or may not be accurate for all versions of the interview
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Palin needs to learn not to do q&a's where she has no control over the final content.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Ah, the mainstream media at its finest.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I imagine the given excuse will be "time constraints", rather than "we were trying to make her look incompetent".
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Palin needs to learn not to do q&a's where she has no control over the final content.
Simply making and controlling her own audio tape and a network provided transcript will go a long, long way in stopping this nonsense.  Fifteen years ago there would have been no way of seeing what was edited out.  Now days with bloggers we'll see everything as long as the raw data does not head down the memory hole.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Well, why don't some folks here help get the ball rolling by attracting more attention to this story?

Go over to Digg.com and give this story legs by clicking here.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
ABC has been pro-Democrat, anti-GOP, for a long time . . . back in the '90s when the GOP took control of the House, ABC's Canadian-born anchor, the late Peter Jennings, chided the American people thusly in a radio address:

"Some thoughts on those angry voters. Ask parents of any two-year-old and they can tell you about those temper tantrums: the stomping feet, the rolling eyes, the screaming. It's clear that the anger controls the child and not the other way around. It's the job of the parent to teach the child to control the anger and channel it in a positive way. Imagine a nation full of uncontrolled two-year-old rage. The voters had a temper tantrum last week....Parenting and governing don't have to be dirty words: the nation can't be run by an angry two-year-old."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
That's one reason why I reject the notion of The Angry White Man, even though some conservatives seem to like that label. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Employer Tantrums
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Yeah.

That's it.  The voters had a tantrum.  And the voters' parent is  . . . the media?

What an arrogant putz.

If I am your employer, and I tell you what I expect from you, and you don't do that -- in fact you thumb your nose at me and do precisely the opposite -- I'm going to fire your ass.

And there won't be any tantrum.

"Here's your check.  Clean out your desk.  You don't work here any more."

Now, if it were the case -- for really reals -- that millions of Americans all had a tantrum at once on the same day, and the result was that they fired a substantial part of the legislature, you would have expected torches and pitchforks at the Capitol.  Cuz when millions of people all get enraged at once, that's how it manifests.

Voting out a bunch of loser employees who are non-compliant with their employers' wishes?  Hardly a tantrum.

I think a real tantrum might have been a lot more entertaining.

We should try that some time.

You think the guys in DC would object?

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."