Author Topic: Donald Jr. in Big Trouble  (Read 6921 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Donald Jr. in Big Trouble
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »
All the people who handwaved away the notion that Hilary committed crimes should not be allowed to even address this issue.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2017, 12:53:07 AM »
I'm puzzled.

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb314aca65797762a/Russian-American-lobbyist-says-he-was-in-Trump-son's-meeting

Donald Jr. did NOT meet with a member of the Russian government. I just don't see how a meeting between an American private citizen and a Russian private citizen could be illegal. That said, if (as is now being claimed) a document was transmitted showing that there was collusion between the Russian government and the Clinton campaign -- where's the hue and cry to investigate the Clinton campaign?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
I'm puzzled.

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb314aca65797762a/Russian-American-lobbyist-says-he-was-in-Trump-son's-meeting

Donald Jr. did NOT meet with a member of the Russian government. I just don't see how a meeting between an American private citizen and a Russian private citizen could be illegal. That said, if (as is now being claimed) a document was transmitted showing that there was collusion between the Russian government and the Clinton campaign -- where's the hue and cry to investigate the Clinton campaign?

Blame campaign law.  As an official in his father's campaign, it is illegal for him to accept any foreign support.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
Blame campaign law.  As an official in his father's campaign, it is illegal for him to accept any foreign support.

Except he was looking for information, not money, and information is almost certainly protected under the 1st Amendment.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
Does the law also make it illegal to pay huge speaking fees to a government official's husband, or funnel millions of dollars into a government official's foundation?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Donald Jr. in Big Trouble
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 06:46:57 PM »
Hmm... I'm remembering an important quote from someone about that.

Something,  something,  "no controlling legal authority."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought