Author Topic: Stunningly stupid sleaze  (Read 1891 times)

griz

• friend
Stunningly stupid sleaze
« on: January 13, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »
Not sure if this is a cultural thing or just an idiot.  But this enterprising individual needed some of life’s essentials, namely money, beer and food.  So he trades his 14 year old daughter into an arranged marriage for them.  But when the buyer fails to pay he calls the police!  Is this really the way things work in other countries?

http://cbs13.com/local/daughter.sold.beer.2.906326.html
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Stunningly stupid sleaze
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »
Is this really the way things work in other countries?

Alas, California is not, yet, another country. =D

But yes that's how things work in some places.  Often times with not as good a price either.  The world is a dark place.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »
Not sure if this is a cultural thing or just an idiot.  But this enterprising individual needed some of life’s essentials, namely money, beer and food.  So he trades his 14 year old daughter into an arranged marriage for them.  But when the buyer fails to pay he calls the police!  Is this really the way things work in other countries?

http://cbs13.com/local/daughter.sold.beer.2.906326.html

That's what happens in the third world.

That's what happens when you have the third world not assimilating into the first world, but Balkanizing bits of it into chunks of third world.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:53:54 AM »
This is what happens when we allow (encourage) huge numbers of illegals, and when we water down the basic educational requirements for attaining citizenship. We get a big segment of society who do not understand that when they live in the United States of America they agree to live under United States of America law. Instead, we now have a subset (or several different subsets) of society who are not "Americans," who have no desire or intention to be come "Americans," who are just living in "America" to take what they can from the gravy train and who think they can continue to follow the same customs they followed back in wherever it is they came from.

We need to get back to teaching citizenship before we award citizenship, and we need to start making some basic understanding that we operate under OUR legal system here a requirement for any kind of permanent residency status.

And, of course, we need to hire enough buses for about 12 million illegals, but that's another story ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
The man is a poster child for the death penalty. It is a pity it doesn't apply for what he did.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »
The man is a poster child for the death penalty. It is a pity it doesn't apply for what he did.

This is how things are for about 90% of the human beings currently alive in the world. It just is.

It's why life in the first world is supposed to be more civilized, if people are encouraged to learn the rules.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »
This is how things are for about 90% of the human beings currently alive in the world. It just is.

How'd you figure that? There's more people than 600 million living in the First World. And there's plenty of non-first world countries where such things are not commonly practiced.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
funny, I thought I had just posted this story, I must have hit the wrong button.

I wrote "just selling the teen girls regular Americans are to lazy too"

They are from Oaxaca.

where apparently this stuff happens all the time

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Myself

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »
I can't believe he didn't get the beer up front!   :rolleyes:

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »
I can't believe he didn't get the beer up front!   :rolleyes:

I'll bet he does next time. =D

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »
We need to get back to teaching citizenship before we award citizenship

We were took a quiz based on the study guide for the citizenship test in history class the other day. It was quite easy and almost no law questions were asked, mostly just history. Almost the whole class failed.

we need to start making some basic understanding that we operate under OUR legal system here a requirement for any kind of permanent residency status.

Thats the best idea I've heard all day. Although they probably already knew that and didn't care.

Investigators believe the girl went willingly with Galindo, but she's under California's legal age of consent and can't legally marry.

Not even with parental consent and a court hearing? You have to be 18 there to get married?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:35:33 PM by freedom lover »

Josh Aston

• Future President of Texas
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »
Not even with parental consent and a court hearing? You have to be 18 there to get married?

Even with parental consent the age is generally 16, so she's still under that.
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Aston for POTUS Republic of Texas - 2016

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »
It's 14 here, but that's with a court hearing. All that's required after 16 is parental consent. Marital freedom comes at 18. Times have changed. My grandfather had to have character witnesses when he got his license in the late 1940's, and he was 18 at the time. It might just have been a local law, though.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
You can tell this didn't happen in Alabama...he didn't ask for cigarettes as part of the deal.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 12:11:51 AM »
Pay for a wife?  That is like buying someone's credit card bill off of them.