Author Topic: No aid for Children with Special Needs.  (Read 839 times)

Polishrifleman

• friend
No aid for Children with Special Needs.
« on: December 12, 2007, 08:58:32 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22218252/

Ryanair cabin crew calendar girls hold the 2008 Ryanair charity calendar in London last month. 15 November 2007. Europe's largest low-cost airline unveiled the charity calendar with their own cabin crew staff stripping down to their bare essentials. Proceeds from the calendar will go toward children with special needs.

I say if you got it flaunt it, and raise some money for a good cause too. grin

As a men's activist I want all those fireman calendars pulled off the shelves NOW.  Why should an overweight middle aged pale skinned white guy like me have to face such, such, such, nevermind..............

Iain

• friend
Re: No aid for Children with Special Needs.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »
Well they have had to improve their image with disability groups -

A disability group is calling for a boycott of budget airline Ryanair after a group of blind and partially-sighted passengers was ordered off a flight.

The group of nine, from Norwich, were told to get off the plane at Stansted because the flight was over its quota for disabled people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4343798.stm
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:34:40 AM »
Beat em up while they are down!

That is a very interesting article and I think their stance is correct in this light. 
She added: "This limit was originally agreed with the UK's Disability Rights Commission for safety reasons.

"This is so our crew can attend to these passengers individually in the case of emergency evacuations."

What I don't get is by the article is they (9 of them agreed to quota 4) were already on the plane and this sounds like a layover situation or something and they were ordered off when other people with disabilities got on?Huh?Huh?

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »
Would a lack of winsome stripped-down flight attendants in my life qualify me as "special needs"?  grin
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.