Author Topic: Charter Arms buyers beware.  (Read 869 times)

dbrobert

Charter Arms buyers beware.
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »
I am a huge fan of the older Charter Arms Undercovers.  Heck, I collect em'.  When I found out that the new Charter Arms had finally come out with the 4" Police Bulldog, I knew I had to have one.  This past Monday, I happened to stop buy a gun shop that had one for sale, brand new in the box.  Without hesitation I bought the 4" bull barrelled wheel gun.  Before going to the range I checked the gun for function.  I quickly noticed that every sixth trigger pull was well in excess of twenty-five, yes twenty-five pounds!  I opened the cylinder to find that the ejector left the factory with only five groves for the hand instead of the six it should have.  Thank the good Lord that I discovered this serious problem before firing the gun.

Now I'm stuck with a brand new gun that doesn't work!  I called Charter Arms, and of course I have to ship the entire gun back to them.  They won't take just the ejector, which I'm sure is for liability reasons.  I'm starting to think that I would rather just have my money back than a repaired new Charter Arms.

Dave

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Charter Arms buyers beware.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:40:43 PM »
Let 'em fix it.  See if they make it right.  Also see if they will reimburse you for the shipping to their repair center.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:58:23 PM »
My local gun shop speaks highly of them. He recently sent one in for a warranty problem and he said it was fixed properly with no hassle. At least give them a chance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

member1313

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
Eek! I was thinking of getting one of those in a few months when I can legally carry. Is this typical of them?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »
Let 'em fix it.  See if they make it right.  Also see if they will reimburse you for the shipping to their repair center.

Brad

Amen.

My wife's manager's husband told a customer service story.  He went to a Jiffy lube type establishment, and they screwed up his oil change.  He went back and complained.  They made it right.  Next time he went back, the manager asked why he came back if he was dissastisifed the last time.  He said, because last time you made a mistake, you made it right. 
Give 'em a chance to fix it.  If it ain't right after that, then burn 'em at the stake!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”