Author Topic: great news for Firefly fans!!!  (Read 4059 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: great news for Firefly fans!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 07:12:29 AM »
You can't leave out Summer Glau from post Firefly/Serenity fantasies.

She is also starring in the upcoming Sara Connor Chronicles    MMmmm
Dude, the character she played was mentioned several times as being 17 years old. I don't know what her actual age is, but once I heard that, it's "kid", not "attractive".

Wrong. Summer Glau is actually older than Jewel Stait, by over a year, and Jewel Stait is well into her 20s.

I've found out that the actress is, but that doesn't really change my sentiment. If a character is mentioned as being under 18, I "see" them as a kid.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 08:53:35 AM »
Well my eyes don't lie to me.. I could care less what age the fictitious character the actress is playing is supposed to be.
The actress is a young twenty something that's appealing to the eyes. 
No need to vitiate it as anything more than an attraction for a young WOMAN.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 11:57:25 AM »
OK, that's your particular problem, not someone else's, that you can't differentiate between the fictional character in a fictional TV show set in a fictional world and the real actress.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 07:56:36 PM »
What's so icky about attraction to a seventeen-year-old, versus a nineteen-year-old? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »
Are there any states where 17 isn't legal anyway?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 05:39:14 AM »
Quote from: wooderson
Are there any states where 17 isn't legal anyway?
I believe it's bad mojo in all states for a 30something to "hookup" with an under 18 period.

Back in the day when I was 18, my girlfriend was 16, according to KS law it was statutory rape if we were to do the wild thing.
Only if her parents didn't approve. 
Under 16 and it doesn't matter if they swear on a Bible for you, you would be going to jail.
And anyone could turn you in.
From 16-18 the parents are the only ones that could see you to the pokey.

The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 05:59:05 AM »
Ah, there are still several states where 18 is the minimum - but just as many where 16-17 is (essentially) in the clear: http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

Me, personally, I follow the "half your age plus seven" rule religiously.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 06:48:08 AM »
Cowboy bebop is cool.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 10:20:20 AM »
As far as physiological response goes, I am not going to feel bad about finding a post-pubescent sexually attractive, that's hard-wired.

Morally and intellectually though, I'm not into "children" (or the immature).

Arbitrary age limits for statuatory, while a practical solution much like alcohol or gun purchase/possession age limits or arbitrary BAC's, are not in any way to be confused with some sort of science.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
Cowboy bebop is cool.

Agreed, and if you think that drooling over River is wrong, you'd blow a gasket over the Ed fetishists.  shocked
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 12:04:40 PM »
Cowboy bebop is cool.

Agreed, and if you think that drooling over River is wrong, you'd blow a gasket over the Ed fetishists.  shocked

Ed's a girl?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 01:47:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12516

Milwaukie, OR - There's plenty of reason for the Browncoats to look forward to 2008. Dark Horse has a whole lot of Serenity coming down the pipeline! First and foremost is the new Serenity comics series that is due out in March. This three-issue series, Serenity: Better Days, is a step back in time to the early years of the Firefly crew, and the fledgling gang's turbulent attempts to cope with success after they pull off their first successful heist. It features the same creative team as Those Left Behind, with the story by Joss Whedon and Brett Matthews, art by Will Conrad, and Adam Hughes providing all three covers this time.

Cool....and I just bought a new shiny brown coat....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 04:27:21 PM »
Cowboy bebop is cool.

Ed's a girl?
Ed's a girl.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »
16 is the age of consent in NV, that don't mean just because it is legal that
teens are interested in going out with grandpas best friend,
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 05:43:51 PM »
As long as there aren't any Ein fetishists.

What is it with anime and curvy teenybopper girls who've lost themselves?

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »
Whenever I want to be sure I'm sane, I come to the internet. Smiley
I can safely and honestly say I don't have fantasies over women I see in IRL, TV, movies, etc.  I don't even ogle womens on the street!

Wait, does that mean something's wrong with me? Sad
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 12:11:53 AM »
Whenever I want to be sure I'm sane, I come to the internet. Smiley
I can safely and honestly say I don't have fantasies over women I see in IRL, TV, movies, etc.  I don't even ogle womens on the street!

Wait, does that mean something's wrong with me? Sad

Yes.  Report to the reeducation camp.