Author Topic: I just pulled a stupid *now with pics*  (Read 3590 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: I just pulled a stupid *now with pics*
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
For big wounds, a kotex is your friend. Looks a little weird walking around with tho...

For little slices, superglue rocks. If the slice was sharp. If it was a rip, just go in and let the nice torturer slice away...

Blog under construction

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 11:25:33 PM »
I have started using superglue instead of band aids for some things. I should buy some of the medical grade stuff, because supposedly the normal stuff is toxic. I am just not sure as to how much.

Wouldn't kotex have anticoagulants in them? I am not a wuss, but any wound big enough for a tampon is going to cause me to seek medical attention.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 12:15:18 AM »
Real men use electrical tape and a piece of paper towel or napkin or something. I can't tell you how many times I've put myself back together with electrical tape. Just don't pull the tape too tight or your finger will start to turn purple.  grin

This  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

TF_FH

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 09:09:32 AM »
I was out shooting with some friends once and a bullet hit something downrange that it shouldn't have.  Put a piece of the jacket right back into my friends nose.   shocked  He pulled it out and I broke out the paper towel and duct tape.  A few hours later we found him with a big smiley face band aid.  Freakin no real men left nowadays...  cheesy

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »
I was out shooting with some friends once and a bullet hit something downrange that it shouldn't have.  Put a piece of the jacket right back into my friends nose.   shocked  He pulled it out and I broke out the paper towel and duct tape.  A few hours later we found him with a big smiley face band aid.  Freakin no real men left nowadays...  cheesy

When you pull off a bank shot like that, you're entitled to a "ta da!".  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

BridgeWalker

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »
Deep cuts are no fun.  I've got this harmless little half-inch scar on the top of my foot.  Yeah, it's on top of a whole bunch of severed nerves.  Dropped a knife *through* my foot.  Turns out, it's not a good idea to leave a large, heavy, kitchen knife on the edge of a wet counter.  In my defense, I was pregnant at the time, or I would've been effective in the getting out of the way thing.   Always try to avoid any kind of injury with anything remotely resembling an exit wound...

I think the most fun part was that the ER parking lot was closed and the valet was goofing off, so I got to park about eight miles away and limp.  Yes, the hospital apologized profusely about that one and more or less begged me not to sue.  rolleyes

mfree

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 07:43:37 AM »
Delta9,

Your story has reminded me of the anxiety I used to have about owning only stick-shift vehicles... I really need all four limbs to drive effectively. What do I do if I'm "missing" one?

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 08:18:18 AM »
Delta9,

Your story has reminded me of the anxiety I used to have about owning only stick-shift vehicles... I really need all four limbs to drive effectively. What do I do if I'm "missing" one?

I wonder about that too. I've got a 5-speed in the truck, plus a motorcycle. If either foot is incapacitated I'm essentially SOL. I need the right hand too, I figure I could get by without the left hand though.  grin

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 08:31:03 AM »
That happened to me.  I had a 1995 stick shift Mustang at the time I broke my foot.  The doc calls me up with the results of the MRI. Yep, its broken.  Come in TODAY for the cast, Ill fit you in whenever you can make it.  No weight on it at all for eight weeks.  Oh, by the way, what kind of car do you drive?

Whoops.  Thank goodness I had some pretty good friends.

When it came time to get a new car, what did I get?  Stick shift Mustang GT.
To the stars!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 09:51:39 AM »
When I busted my ankle on a jump in the service, I was driving (still am) a 1997 Nissan Ext Cab Pickup, 5-sp.  First operation, I had someone drive me there & back.  The subsequent operations. I drove myself.  It wasn't pleasant, but only a few miles.  I tended to be pretty brisk on the shift.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton