Author Topic: Two great bands coming to town!  (Read 1388 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Two great bands coming to town!
« on: October 02, 2005, 08:27:41 PM »
Tonight at The Painted Lizard Bar, Haberdashery and Grill, catch the raw, dark-roasted, caffeine-fueled energy of powerpop phenomenon,

YUMMYFACE!

with special guest:

The Butt Of The Automatic Tucked In Her Waistband Caught On The Doorframe As She Fell Backward Out Of The Subway Car, Sending It Clattering To The Ground As Her Back Hit The Tile And She Chambered Another Round Into The Levergun (three left, she thought) - When Suddenly A Question Hit With Full Force In Her Racing Mind; To Wit: In An Age Of Secularism, What Are The Mechanisms Wherewith To Anchor Moral Standards And To Secure The Happiness Of Mankind?

featuring the former lead singer of

Please, He Sobbed, Dont Leave Me, Jessica, We Can Work This Out, I Know We Can, I, I, I, I Love You Baby, You Know I Love You, I Left The Broadway Stage For You, And That Was My First Love, Oh, Jessica, Just Take Me Back, I Promise I Wont Play Kris Kros Anymore, Just Please, Say Youll Stay, Please, Please, Please!!

Five dollars at the door.  21 and over.  Show starts at five to give the MC plenty of time to read the name of the opening act.  

Absolutely NO glass bottles.

Next Saturday, dont miss THE SMUSHY BANANAS.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SalukiFan

• friend
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 05:33:24 AM »

*Borrowed this link from Flatfender on THR.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 07:03:59 AM »
+1 pancake bunny
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 08:37:36 AM »
+2 for Bunny with pancake

Still not going to drive 6 hours to St Louis to heard a band I have never heard of. .
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 12:50:09 PM »
There is no hope for my generation......

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 08:28:48 PM »
Look, with all the weird band names out there, I thought it would be funny if a band had a name like:  
The Butt Of The Automatic Tucked In Her Waistband Caught On The Doorframe As She Fell Backward Out Of The Subway Car, Sending It Clattering To The Ground As Her Back Hit The Tile And She Chambered Another Round Into The Levergun (three left, she thought) - When Suddenly A Question Hit With Full Force In Her Racing Mind; To Wit: In An Age Of Secularism, What Are The Mechanisms Wherewith To Anchor Moral Standards And To Secure The Happiness Of Mankind?
or:

Please, He Sobbed, Dont Leave Me, Jessica, We Can Work This Out, I Know We Can, I, I, I, I Love You Baby, You Know I Love You, I Left The Broadway Stage For You, And That Was My First Love, Oh, Jessica, Just Take Me Back, I Promise I Wont Play Kris Kros Anymore, Just Please, Say Youll Stay, Please, Please, Please!!
Guess it wasn't all that funny.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 08:44:32 PM »
This one time, at band camp...