Author Topic: There's nothing political to discuss in tornadoes.... Really?  (Read 1654 times)

Poper

So an earlier thread was closed because moderation said there was no political discussion to be had.   But then, there was no apparent appreciation for just how low some political animals will sink:
‘This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives,’ wrote comedian Lizz Winstead, in a tweet, around 3:30 Monday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328232/Oklahoma-tornado-Daily-Show-creator-Lizz-Winstead-faces-backlash-insensitive-tweet.html#ixzz2TwcuED3P
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
then:
Winstead, co-creator and former head writer for ‘The Daily Show,’ promptly received a stream of angry responses to her tweet.
and:
An unrepentant Winstead responded, ‘If its not OK to YOU for me to combine news stories to point out hypocrisy AND Im not making fun of victims u shld Unfollow.’

And then there was this little gem: "Democratic Senator uses Okla. tornado for anti-GOP rant over global warming"
“So, you may have a question for me,” Whitehouse said. “Why do you care? Why do you, Sheldon Whitehouse, Democrat of Rhode Island, care if we Republicans run off the climate cliff like a bunch of proverbial lemmings and disgrace ourselves? I’ll tell you why. We’re stuck in this together. We are stuck in this together. When cyclones tear up Oklahoma and hurricanes swamp Alabama and wildfires scorch Texas, you come to us, the rest of the country, for billions of dollars to recover. And the damage that your polluters and deniers are doing doesn’t just hit Oklahoma and Alabama and Texas. It hits Rhode Island with floods and storms. It hits Oregon with acidified seas, it hits Montana with dying forests. So, like it or not, we’re in this together.”
All this before all the bodies are found or are even cold. 
But hey!  This is only one day after the natural disaster.  Give 'em a couple more days, there will be more where these came from.   ;)
But according to moderation, there are no political issues.  Nothing to see here.  Move along....

Poper.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: There's nothing political to discuss in tornadoes.... Really?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
Don't antagonize the forum admin. Your previous thread was out of place. This one is a little better, but you're not helping your case.

You haven't been here that long and we're happy to have you, but don't get stupid.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »
Your thread was a snippy little joke, about an event where they are still pulling children's bodies out of the rubble. It didn't get closed because there is no political discussion to be had, it was closed because you were out of line.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »
Give it a week. (the NRA did that after the Newtown Massacre.)  Don't be an insensitive jerk, like a democrat senator.

Democrat senators often give jerks a bad name.  Maybe that's a topic for discussion.
"It's good, though..."

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »

Is global warming political?

'Cuz I'm already hearing screeches from the intellectually impaired on that -- you know, moar tornadoes, bigger tornadoes, all due to Human-Caused Global Warming.  Which, as I recall, is mostly Bush's fault.

Or maybe Fistful . . . I can't remember.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:47:14 PM by ArfinGreebly »
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
"They" have been blaming tornado outbreaks on climate change for a long time:   http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/1975-tornado-outbreaks-blamed-on-global-cooling/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »
Poper's first thread was in poor taste.

Give the surviving families time to bury their dead, at least.   :facepalm:
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Poper

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 03:37:11 PM »
You haven't been here that long
Really?
Post count defines length of membership?  Click on the member's name and you can see when he registered.
Poper =     March 21, 2008, 10:08:07 PM

and we're happy to have you, but don't get stupid.
Ah, common courtesy at its best!
Sorry!  I sincerely apologize.  I had no intention of messing up anyone's sand box.   :facepalm:

Poper

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Errr...

A *very* few lefty nuts making insensitive statements and mass media confining their reporting to the events and recovery effort doesn't seem to be a real political event worth discussing.

Furthermore, your effort seems to be going over like a fart in church.

Let me help you out, here.

FEMA failing to respond effectivly, political (as seen in Katrinia) Nat. Gaurd troops ordered to forcibly remove citizens and collect privately owned firearms, political (also, Katrinia) government regulations proventing recovery and rebuilding efforts, political(sandy)

Some hyper lib comedic writer making a bad joke that doesn't even make headlines?
Not really something worth talking about.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 06:38:29 PM »
Your first post was in poor taste and deserved locking.  This one is like digging up an old rusted landmine, and jumping up on down on it to see if you can get it to detonate. 

A thread titled "Have liberals no shame?" with quotes about the tornados?  That would probably fit as a political thread. 

But okay.  Keep poking the bear.  See how that goes.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 09:45:16 PM »
Really?
Post count defines length of membership?  Click on the member's name and you can see when he registered.
Poper =     March 21, 2008, 10:08:07 PM
Ah, common courtesy at its best!
Sorry!  I sincerely apologize.  I had no intention of messing up anyone's sand box.   :facepalm:

Poper
Ease up up, there, cowboy.  Unless you just like to annoy folks.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »
There's nothing political to discuss in tornadoes.... Really?

Yeah, really.   Dancing on the graves of children is in extreme poor taste.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 10:23:59 PM »
This thread is still open?

Guess those mods aren't such meanies, after all.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 12:49:37 AM »
I don't see it as such a big deal. He's just showing the leftist hipocracy.

???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »
This thread is still open?

Guess those mods aren't such meanies, after all.

I'm a big meanie. I reckon the point has been made.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."