Author Topic: Forced integration?  (Read 3809 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Forced integration?
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »
Is this going to end up like busing, but for neighborhoods?

The article is a little vague on details, like who HUD is and where this money is coming from, or what they plan on doing with the map when its done. I'm not up in arms yet but this could be interesting

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/huds-new-fair-housing-rule-establishes-diversity-data-every-neighborhood-us
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Forced integration?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »
Forced integration has never worked and will never work.

In Junior High, I was bused to a different school through forced integration. The year I was bused was the first year of the program in my town. Instead of going to the school closest to me (part of the reason my parents lived in that neighborhood), I was bused to the worst Junior High in town. I was beat up more times than I can count and my grades declined terribly. The only reason I didn't completely turn into a loser was because one of the teachers talked me into joining his staff of yearbook photographers and gave me something to focus on. Otherwise few of the other teachers seemed to care, and I remember particularly that the Chicano Studies teacher, who ran the La Raza group at school, seemed to think all us "rich kids" had it coming. Nevermind that most all of us came from a neighborhood of blue collar households.

Ironically it was the progressives that pushed forced integration then. Now (don't know if it's like this in all states) the progressives here are all about sending kids to the schools they want to go to - especially their own kids. Funny how that works.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
I can see .gov trying to do things like build Section 8 housing in good neighborhoods, buying up vacant lots and such for the structures, or strongarming local governments into changing zoning laws to allow for housing projects (like those we had in Chicago) in nice areas of single-family homes.

Misuse of "eminent domain" against existing homes for demographic reallocation programs won't end well for those attempting it today. Any attempt at forced relocations - e.g., forcing people into "the hood" - would provoke gunfire. And lots of it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »
  http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD

Housing and Urban Development, Jocasse.

I really want to summon outrage over their definition of "fair" but, to be honest, it sounds like it's going to be a flop in the pan.
The problem with forced intergration of neighborhoods is that the folks who lived their in the first place are mostly able to aquire the finachial werewithall to GTFO, even with the lose of home value. The result is just a wrong side of the tracks neighborhood that just moves around every so often.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »
This has been going on for quite some time locally. .Gov offers incentives to developers to put up ‘affordable housing’ in new developments, lies are told to community about what kind of housing is going up and the community leaders are bribed into allowing them to be put up. In a few communities, the people have been very aware of ‘affordable housing’ and have fought it tooth and nail. In one instance a mayor actually called his constituents ‘racists’ for discovering and fighting against such plans. People who have $350,000 houses don’t want a ghetto going up at the end of their street.
Much of this has to do with trying to undo the social experiments performed over the years by leftists mayors who have lured unproductive people into their ghettos to form a voting bloc, but are finding out that the crime and tax drain aren’t worth it, so they are trying to outsource their problems to the richer, better run suburbs and exurbs.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
When I read the article earlier this morning, it made me think of it as a possible first step to eventual forced integration of neighborhoods.  Or possibly telling folks where they can and cannot move.  Am I a bad person because this is the first thing that came to mind?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:28:28 PM »
This has been going on for quite some time locally. .Gov offers incentives to developers to put up ‘affordable housing’ in new developments

Yup, I see this where I live all the time. Here it's not just, "you can build nice housing if you put "affordable housing" next to it. Here they actually have to make a percentage of the nice housing available at "affordable" rates. So you may have paid $500K for your place, and your next door neighbor has the same home, but qualified for affordable housing, won their lottery, and only paid $300K.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »
Yep, we've got those same GD "Affordable Housing" Do-Gooders here.   :facepalm: :facepalm:

There were two really nice apartment complexes at each end of town on the main drag.  The Do-Gooders went and bugged the city council to make them "Affordable Housing".  And they were.  Now they are all Section 8 housing.  Target is across the street from one; a CVS, the other.  Each week when i get the newspaper the print a map of Wheaton showing where crime takes place, and each week there is a large cluster of dots on those two complexes and the stores near them.

This area is rather affluent.   High housing prices and property taxes help keep the riff-raff out.  I you have the financial wherewithal then you are more then welcome to live here, but it you're a backwards-hat-wearing, gang-banger, dope-dealer, wannabe, keep right on moving through town.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
Far too many years ago I was acquaintances with someone who was a congressional staffer during the civil rights movement.  He claimed to have a pen used to sign some of the key legislation.  I did see him in a photograph of the signing.  Anyhow, we got to talking about busing to achieve integration since it was the hot topic at the time.  He commented that during the negotiations on the legislation they figured congress had two means of forcing integration:  busing of children or "forced migration" (the term he used).  In the end they went with busing because the chances of rejection, refusal, rebellion, and failure was much higher with forced migration.

I am amazed at how political gambits keep being replayed.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »
They will need those folks close to us. After all, someone has to be the "block captain", who will keep an eye on us and advise us on on eating habits and other activities that may reflect badly on our heath, now a national concern. Oh yes, and if you don't vote the correct way, as checked by the NSA records, you may find your wife or children are mysteriously on the "do not treat" list, or perhaps the "no food" list. The reasons for being on those lists will multiply......

Once they go to an all digital currency they will have it sewn up tight.

The end goal is a slave state, with an all new cast (and caste) of slaveowners.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »
Ironically it was the progressives that pushed forced integration then. Now (don't know if it's like this in all states) the progressives here are all about sending kids to the schools they want to go to - especially their own kids. Funny how that works.

Whose signature is it that says 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"?

Same deal on schools. Around hyar the buzzword these days is "magnet school." Every school wants to be a magnet school, and people all seem to want their kids to attend a magnet school. The magnet schools aren't really perceptibly better than the other (non-magnet) schools, it's just that in a magnet school the kids can choose which subjects they want to specialize in failing. So, instead of forced busing, we now have the next generation doing the same thing as their parents, except by choice.

Slick marketing gimmick.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 09:06:01 PM »
Whose signature is it that says 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"?

Same deal on schools. Around hyar the buzzword these days is "magnet school." Every school wants to be a magnet school, and people all seem to want their kids to attend a magnet school. The magnet schools aren't really perceptibly better than the other (non-magnet) schools, it's just that in a magnet school the kids can choose which subjects they want to specialize in failing. So, instead of forced busing, we now have the next generation doing the same thing as their parents, except by choice.

Slick marketing gimmick.

I don't know who has it as a sig line, but that's a Who song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:19:15 PM by bluestarlizzard »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Sounds ike they are just going to double down on section 8 and affordable housing.
I don't think even the most commie liberal of libtards is stupid enough to attempt forced migration.
Attempted forced migration of people in rural areas would result in dead people. They know that and I don't think they are quite ready for that, yet.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »
Yup. Rural Americans aren't rural Chinese getting shipped off for the Dear Leader's five year plan.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:57 PM »
Yup. Rural Americans aren't rural Chinese getting shipped off for the Dear Leader's five year plan.

You know that and I know that, but do the stupid politicians and .gov bureaucrats know that?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 03:23:10 AM »
One way for them to find out. Of course there is precedent, we uprooted thousands of Japanese descent citizens, pretty much forced them to abandon everything they worked for and sadly the gov't got away with it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 08:40:57 AM »
One way for them to find out. Of course there is precedent, we uprooted thousands of Japanese descent citizens, pretty much forced them to abandon everything they worked for and sadly the gov't got away with it.
Wasn't that the doing of Franklin Delano Bush and the GOP?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »
They will need those folks close to us. After all, someone has to be the "block captain", who will keep an eye on us and advise us on on eating habits and other activities that may reflect badly on our heath, now a national concern. Oh yes, and if you don't vote the correct way, as checked by the NSA records, you may find your wife or children are mysteriously on the "do not treat" list, or perhaps the "no food" list. The reasons for being on those lists will multiply......

That 'list' sword cuts both ways.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
Yup, I see this where I live all the time. Here it's not just, "you can build nice housing if you put "affordable housing" next to it. Here they actually have to make a percentage of the nice housing available at "affordable" rates. So you may have paid $500K for your place, and your next door neighbor has the same home, but qualified for affordable housing, won their lottery, and only paid $300K.

montgomery county md has done it for decades   i think its 3% of units that are "set aside"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
This has been going on for quite some time locally. .Gov offers incentives to developers to put up ‘affordable housing’ in new developments, lies are told to community about what kind of housing is going up and the community leaders are bribed into allowing them to be put up. In a few communities, the people have been very aware of ‘affordable housing’ and have fought it tooth and nail. In one instance a mayor actually called his constituents ‘racists’ for discovering and fighting against such plans. People who have $350,000 houses don’t want a ghetto going up at the end of their street.
Much of this has to do with trying to undo the social experiments performed over the years by leftists mayors who have lured unproductive people into their ghettos to form a voting bloc, but are finding out that the crime and tax drain aren’t worth it, so they are trying to outsource their problems to the richer, better run suburbs and exurbs.

In Seattle the $350k houses are the ghetto.
Formerly sumpnz

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
Illinois been done this for the last couple of years.  Exporting bangers from "the 'hood" to less urbanized parts of the state.   Kinda "Share the misery" plan.  IIRC, Lee N. Field posted some gang graffiti on here not that long ago.  Also, IIRC, the symbols were from a Latino gang the originated in the Little Village are of Chicago.

The do-gooders here in my town have welcome them with open-arms, while the bangers have picked their pockets and started to recruit kids in the local schools.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 02:06:58 AM »
Mrs. Z is a private tutor; math and reading, but mostly math.  She was talking about one of the local public schools -- it is in a rich section of town and used to be a good school, but then the district started bussing in troubled yoots from across town.  The teachers don't know how to handle them, the administration is weak, and the TY's have brought the whole school down to their level.  Not only has the academics gone to hell, it's not even safe; like little Detroit, or Mogadishu.  (it means lots of business for Wife though, from the upper-middle-class kids who are trapped there, and for the local private schools)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:09:17 AM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »

If anything is done about it, I doubt they will look at rural areas. Probably just urban vs suburban.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
If anything is done about it, I doubt they will look at rural areas. Probably just urban vs suburban.

Nobody wants to live out here.  But the do-gooders would like to de-populate the rural west and turn it into a national park.   :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »
Nobody wants to live out here.  But the do-gooders would like to de-populate the rural west and turn it into a national park no tresspass wildlife refuge.   :mad:

FIFY
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536