Main Forums > The Roundtable

23andme

<< < (2/14) > >>

Ron:
Not much downside to me doing it.

I have immediate family and cousins who have done it and that’s enough to get back to me.

fifth_column:
I've been thinking of doing this also.  I started looking into it and found that Crigenetics does the same thing.  I've been looking at online comparisons.
 Does anyone here have any insight about the accuracy between the different DNA tests?

Jamisjockey:
It’s why IDLife partnered with a medical DNA company for our DNA Health testing: HIPAA compliance.
Ancestry hasn’t ever really interested me.  I can trace my ancestry to a hospital in California and that’s good enough for me 🤣

K Frame:
"I can trace my ancestry to a hospital in California and that’s good enough for me"

That's what THEY want you to know...

Don't ask questions.

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 15, 2019, 10:11:30 AM ---Yeah... no thanks. As far as I can tell, the data that they pull from your profile has surprisingly few limitations on how they can use it or how it will be protected.

--- End quote ---

^^^ This. I have already seen multiple reports of police going after DNA data from Ancestry.com to track criminals. I'm very curious about what my DNA might show regarding my ancestry ... but I'm not curious enough to voluntarily put my DNA into anyone's data banks. Thanks, but no thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version