Main Forums > The Roundtable

23andme

<< < (14/14)

Pb:
I don't know if it is true, but I read some years back that the Jews were most closely related to the Kurds.

230RN:

--- Quote from: Brad Johnson on March 08, 2023, 05:06:04 PM ---Actually, I'm already there. I made up my mind early on that whatever happened it would be a slow, cautious process, and that it wasn't going to change anything other than being a source of information. I was blindsided by the unexpected influx of information, sure, but only in the sense of suddenly having way more information than I ever expected, both quantity and quality. Otherwise it hasn't changed my state of mind about, well, anything.

I know who my parents are, they raised me. I have a great family and a great life that I wouldn't change for anything. This is just new information which fills in biological lineage gaps. It's cool to know, and will certainly be fun and interesting to investigate further, but is not otherwise life-changing in any respect.

It helps that I've always known I was adopted. My parents made no effort to hide it, instead choosing to treat it as a special, positive aspect in every way. As a result, I don't have some overwhelming sense of loss, urgency, or desire relative to my biological lineage. I've also taken the whole contact thing very slow, being absolutely clear that I don't want this to be a source of strife or friction for their families, and that I have no expectations or plans beyond adult medical histories. I'll let it play out organically.

Brad

--- End quote ---

You sound like you've got your head on pretty straight.  Your parents done good.

Just a new adventure path if you choose to follow it.

Congratulations !

Terry, 230RN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version