Author Topic: New Start / New Job  (Read 767 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
New Start / New Job
« on: October 10, 2016, 02:07:17 PM »
Well I got moved up to KC on Saturday afternoon and I'm more or less settled in.  Have few unimportant things left back in Tulsa that I can grab as I get down there for drill and such.

First challenge I am going to have is finding a decent enough vehicle to drive when the weather isn't going to be nice enough for the bike.  Have a couple of options so far just need to find the funding and see if anyone is willing to work with me on it.

The new job I started this morning is going to be challenging, at least the boss says so, hope it is because I'm not sure I could actually handle a boring job.  Currently sitting in what maybe my office just relaxing and waiting to see if there is anything to do.  There are things that need to be done but the boss isn't really sure what there is to do and the person that will be training me only works a couple of days a week here, he is a firefighter, and isn't working her until Wednesday and Thursday.  Nothing like getting paid to do nothing....what I was doing at my last job for the last week or so and now my first day here.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: New Start / New Job
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 12:54:32 PM »
Good luck! Hope it is a good fit and ya like it there!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 01:03:28 PM »
Good luck as well.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »
Let me know when you get settled. I don't get to kc much this time of the year but still around once a month.

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue AWD V6 I am thinking about selling. Not sure yet if I will sell it  but if interested we could talk.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:47:24 AM »
Let me know when you get settled. I don't get to kc much this time of the year but still around once a month.

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue AWD V6 I am thinking about selling. Not sure yet if I will sell it  but if interested we could talk.

I'm all settled in for the most part....I would be interested if the price is right.

Got a high school buddy that has a Lincoln Navigator that he has offered.  My biggest issue is not knowing when I will have money available.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!