Author Topic: Man defended himself with weed eater after Sandy Township road rage incident  (Read 610 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Well sort of.  One man pulls a knife, the other man pulls a weed eater, the first man ups the ante to a (BB) gun.  And it happened in a Walmart parking lot.  Some people just don't know when to let it go.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/police-man-defended-himself-with-weed-eater-after-sandy-township-road-rage-incident

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/national/man-uses-weed-wacker-defend-himself-fight-prompted-road-rage-incident-police-say/RWtE4mu1z55aKE5wn15iJK/

Further investigation found that the incident started as a road rage incident at the intersection of Route 255 Bee Line Highway and Industrial Drive when McKendrick and another person, who was driving the vehicle, followed the alleged victim into the Walmart parking lot around 12:30 p.m., according to police.

Police said that’s when McKendrick brandished a knife while the alleged victim pulled out a weed eater to defend himself, prompting McKendrick to pull out a pistol and pull back the hammer.

According to police, the alleged victim ran back to his car and drove away while dialing 911.

McKendrick and his driver chased after the victim before being stopped by police on Route 255, police said.

Police said they didn’t find a pistol in the vehicle, and McKendrick told them that he had thrown it out the window.

Police said they later found a replica C02 BB pistol along Route 255.

I heard this mentioned on the radio.  A good point was made.  When you pull out the weed eater, does it start on the first pull?  Or do you have to prime it and pull 4 or 5 times to get it running?  Someone with a knife will be on you pretty quick.  If it is hard to start, might want a better choice of lawn care equipment.  I guess you could go electric with a battery powered weed eater.  

Also, if you throw evidence out the window, why would you then tell police you threw it out the window?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Info missing from the article
1) Did the weed eater have a high capacity fuel tank?
2) Was it equipped with a suppressor?
3) Was it equipped with a bump stock?
4) Did he have permit for the weed eater?
5) Was he a member of the NRA?
6) Was he wearing a MAGA hat?
7) Will people who saw the weed eater required counseling?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Info missing from the article
1) Did the weed eater have a high capacity fuel tank?
2) Was it equipped with a suppressor?
3) Was it equipped with a bump stock?
4) Did he have permit for the weed eater?
5) Was he a member of the NRA?
6) Was he wearing a MAGA hat?
7) Will people who saw the weed eater required counseling?
On #5, don't you mean the NWEA? 

It wouldn't be Lawn Workers International.  They don't care about weed eater rights. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Also, would there be any charges for brandishing a weed eater?  Even if he didn't get it started?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:32:07 PM by MechAg94 »

brimic

• friends
When you pull out the weed eater, does it start on the first pull?  Or do you have to prime it and pull 4 or 5 times to get it running?

If its a cheap walmart big box store weedwhacker, you just skip the, choke, prime/pull (50x), prime, Pull (10x), remove the sparkplug, test the spark, choke,  pull (23x) more, and go right to smashing it on the nearest tree/driveaway,rock assailant.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
On #5, don't you mean the NWEA? 

It wouldn't be Lawn Workers International.  They don't care about weed eater rights. 

Almost typed that but then I remembered the NWEA is a major dem donor so they get a pass.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Why is it we can get video of nearly every boring thing in the world but as soon as something that would be worth watching comes up there is no one with a cell phone!! :(

bob

Regolith

• friend
If its a cheap walmart big box store weedwhacker, you just skip the, choke, prime/pull (50x), prime, Pull (10x), remove the sparkplug, test the spark, choke,  pull (23x) more, and go right to smashing it on the nearest tree/driveaway,rock assailant.

Probably the best way to use any weed eater in self defense, not just the cheap ones. Even the good gas powered ones aren't going to do much more than give superficial lacerations, but they'd make a pretty decent pole weapon...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

zxcvbob

• friend
Probably the best way to use any weed eater in self defense, not just the cheap ones. Even the good gas powered ones aren't going to do much more than give superficial lacerations, but they'd make a pretty decent pole weapon...

Mine has a 9" sharpened lawnmower blade on it.  It would really mess somebody up! (you should see what it does to a chainlink fence if I get too close ;/) But that's only if it was already running; there's no time to start it and rev it up, so I agree about the pole weapon.
"It's good, though..."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
My BIL flayed the skin off his ankle with one. Looked like hamburger!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!