Author Topic: Road trip: What to see/do between Raleigh, NC and Mobile, Al?  (Read 1435 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Road trip: What to see/do between Raleigh, NC and Mobile, Al?
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:10:07 AM »
We're driving from the Raleigh area of NC to Mobile, Al.  Is there anything specific between those two areas that's worth stopping for?  I know we're going to try and hit the CMP Store in Alabama, but other than that, I'm not sure.

Speaking of the CMP store, if I qualify for a mail-order purchase from them, can I purchase a rifle on the spot and transport it home myself? 

Chris

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Road trip: What to see/do between Raleigh, NC and Mobile, Al?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:35:20 AM »
If I were going that way, I think I would stop by Ft. Benning, Columbus, Ga, and visit the Infantry Museum.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
JR Cigars is worth the stop if you do cigars.  I assume you will do I-85 through Atlanta.  If you pass through Charlotte duck into Hyatts Gun Shop.  It is more like a shopping center for firearms.  Pricey but extensive inventory.  Stop in Lexington NC and get some real BBQ.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
JR Cigars is worth the stop if you do cigars.
Are you talking about that place off I95 near Smithfield or is there another one?

Chris

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 03:32:22 AM »
NC has three JR Cigar locations.  I-95 near Smithfield, I-85 in Burlington and I-77 north of Charlotte in Statesville.

www.jrcigars.com  I believe the Burlington humidor is 5,000 sq ft.  Major operation.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 05:38:24 AM »
Interesting.  I'm not a cigar smoker, but the Smithfield site is at the same exit I take when visiting my grandparents, hence my familiarity with it.

Chris

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 04:34:16 AM »
Where in Lex for BBQ?

Got some good deals on books at JR's also. They carry lots besides Cgars!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."