Author Topic: Should pagans, wiccans and other earth-centered types be allowed to have kids?  (Read 1636 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Should we let these people spawn?  Do we really want them voting or owning businesses? 

What if they sacrifice their children in demonic rituals? 

laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
Should we let these people spawn? 

Great good gods, no!  Because if they do, and they start attending my Grove, there'd be no more peace and quiet for Auntie BrokenPaw.

What if they sacrifice their children in demonic rituals?

It'd be quieter?   Or were you looking for a downside?

grin

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
There seems to be an assumption that parents impart their exact values to their kids.  It ain't necessarily so.  I've known plenty of pagan/atheist/whatever former Southern Baptists.  My own parents were basically atheists.  I guess the threads are entertaining if nothing else.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
Quote from: Rabbi
I guess the threads are entertaining if nothing else.

It's just fistful giving equal time to taking potshots at the bunnyhuggers, is all.  smiley

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Actually, I started this because I just don't know how to properly ridicule those who took Bogie's question seriously.   I tried a few times, but I don't think I got the point across.  undecided

Anyway, we probably shouldn't elect any pagan presidents, either.  What if our pagan president went all Viking and sent out armies to rape and pillage the coastlines of Canada, Mexico, and so on?  Wait, that sounds like a good time. 

Manedwolf

• friend
Actually, I started this because I just don't know how to properly ridicule those who took Bogie's question seriously.   I tried a few times, but I don't think I got the point across.  undecided

Anyway, we probably shouldn't elect any pagan presidents, either.  What if our pagan president went all Viking and sent out armies to rape and pillage the coastlines of Canada, Mexico, and so on?  Wait, that sounds like a good time. 

Viking? That'd be kind of cool, actually. Have a state dinner be a Beowulf-like meadhall with entire steers and pigs roasting on spits, and military leaders slamming together giant pewter mugs of beer as they bellow inter-service rivaly stories of whose forces are the toughest, and see if anyone in the world cares to mess with us anymore. Cheesy

It'd sure counter the jihadist sorts effectively.

Nutty jihadist: "Jihad is the answer to the infidels! We shall..!"

Viking America: "Your words are WEAK and your swords weaker. We will decorate our ships with your HEADS. Send your leaders to this island for a duel with our own. Unless you are too...frightened."

That'd deter, perhaps. Wink 

Perd Hapley

• friend
Thank you, m-wolf, for demonstrating why atheists should not be allowed to have children.  You would vote for this pagan president and send your children to rape and pillage in his armadas.   angry

OK, I don't really know your religious views, just jokin.  But I must admit that plundering some foreign coastlines and mutilating the dead would put the fear of Uncle Sam into some people.   smiley

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Especially if we have lot's of pictures of us feasting on their entrails...  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Especially if we have lot's of pictures of us feasting on their entrails...

Such a lovely image!  And in the background we see circle of Marines, playing hacky-sack with the Ayatollah's sack. <Big Evil Grin>
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

mtnbkr

• friend
Especially if we have lot's of pictures of us feasting on their entrails...

Such a lovely image!  And in the background we see circle of Marines, playing hacky-sack with the Ayatollah's sack. <Big Evil Grin>

Or Polo [/The Man Who Would Be King]

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Did you drink the bong water again Fistful?

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Quote from: fistful on Today at 01:24:21 PM

Viking? That'd be kind of cool, actually. Have a state dinner be a Beowulf-like meadhall with entire steers and pigs roasting on spits, and military leaders slamming together giant pewter mugs of beer as they bellow inter-service rivaly stories of whose forces are the toughest, and see if anyone in the world cares to mess with us anymore. Cheesy

It'd sure counter the jihadist sorts effectively.

Nutty jihadist: "Jihad is the answer to the infidels! We shall..!"

Viking America: "Your words are WEAK and your swords weaker. We will decorate our ships with your HEADS. Send your leaders to this island for a duel with our own. Unless you are too...frightened."

That'd deter, perhaps. Wink

I'll second that! I'm on board for Viking America. If we're gonna have a war, let's have a WAR, damnit!
Hi.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Did you drink the bong water again Fistful?

-C

They told me it was green tea.   undecided

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Well, they got the green part right anyways...  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
If your bong water is green, you need to stop filling it from the aquarium.  grin
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Phyphor

• friend
Ah, the armed polite society..... where else can you read about Viking America and the care and maintenence of your  bong water?  grin
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

CAnnoneer

• friend
King Theoden: "How did it come to this?"
Smeagol: "Leftism, Precious..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
If I am to support this whole "Viking America" deal, I insist upon higher standards of personal hygiene I saw exhibited in the 13th Warror wash-bowl scene.

BTW, the book was really good, the movie...so-so.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton