Author Topic: One of my Ladies died  (Read 762 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
One of my Ladies died
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:22:53 AM »
 sad

In the process of building my home repair business I "adopted" a number of elderly Ladies as customers.  I did their chores and never charged much for it.  Enough to cover expenses and enough so they could still keep their pride, but not enough to hurt their budgets.

One of them called earlier in the week with another roof leak.  I got back up here on the mountain yesterday from working in the Valley for 4 days.  Called Helen this morning to make sure she was up and she told me Nancy died two weeks ago in the Valley.  She never got up here this summer. sad

It's one thing to have the summer people sell their house, another to fix one up and have the owners decide to cash in on how their place looks, but it really sucks to have them die off.  Hurts........

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: One of my Ladies died
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:22:17 AM »
That's sad, GS.  Good on you for helping out, though.  Very kind.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.