Author Topic: Atheist Group Files Lawsuit Against Display of WTC Cross at 9/11 Memorial  (Read 5069 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Like all currently minted and printed legal tender?

I lol'ed...

Yes, I am against printing religious wording and symbology on state sponsored money. 
Its not exactly high on my outrage meter, though. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
There is always one religion or another doing something to another in the name of God.  Has been going on forever and will go on long after we have left this earth.  Doesn't make it right but nothing that we can do to stop it either.

Sure we can. We just need to kill all those Others.  =D
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Barbarian - from the ancient Greek word meaning "Not Us".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
The cross, which consists of two intersecting steel beams that were found intact in the rubble at Ground Zero, was initially constructed on a side of a church in lower Manhattan. The cross was then placed inside the 9/11 Memorial Museum during a ceremony over the weekend. 

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/27/atheist-group-files-lawsuit-against-display-wtc-cross-at-11-memorial/#ixzz1TW9o0fId
Not sure who paid for the cross, but this issue is simply about the display of it at the memorial.  I really don't have an issue with that. 

Of course, if the FedGov was a lot smaller and didn't throw money around so much, most of these things would not be federal cases. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
Not sure who paid for the cross, but this issue is simply about the display of it at the memorial.  I really don't have an issue with that. 

Of course, if the FedGov was a lot smaller and didn't throw money around so much, most of these things would not be federal cases. 

The cross wasn't "paid for."  It was standing as a cross in the rubble of the WTC.  It was moved offsite during the rest of the demolition and rebuilding with the understanding that it was going to be returned for a memorial and/or museum.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages

The memorial is tax exempt, and has recieved millions in public monies. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
The memorial is tax exempt, and has recieved millions in public monies. 
I still don't have a problem with the display of this cross.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

geronimotwo

• friend
Barbarian - from the ancient Greek word meaning "Not Us".

here i was thinking it had to do with the latin term for "beard".   as in get me a razor, those barbarians are back for a trim!   =D
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2