Author Topic: Perry to drop out of GOP presidential race  (Read 6233 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Perry to drop out of GOP presidential race
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:39:27 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/19/perry-to-drop-out-gop-presidential-race/

Wow, is it going to come down to a two man race of Paul and Romney this quick?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Perry to drop out of GOP presidential race
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:59:25 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/19/perry-to-drop-out-gop-presidential-race/

Wow, is it going to come down to a two man race of Paul and Romney this quick?

Yes, THAT's what Perry dropping out signifies.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
Maybe we can propose to Ron Paul that when he wins the nomination that he picks Fred Thompson as his VP.  I think that would be a very formidable ticket that would win voters from all walks of life.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »
Well, do we want a man who can't remember the names of three agencies? :angel:
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »
Well, do we want a man who can't remember the names of three agencies? :angel:

Better than the one who thinks there are 57 states.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:02 PM »
Better than the one who thinks there are 57 states.

We need to get people to understand what Obama actually said, which was that he'd been to 57 states, with one more to go, and that his handlers wouldn't let him to go Hawaii or Alaska. So, he thinks there's 60 states.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »
We need to get people to understand what Obama actually said, which was that he'd been to 57 states, with one more to go, and that his handlers wouldn't let him to go Hawaii or Alaska. So, he thinks there's 60 states.

I think it's quite clear he misspoke and meant to say 47.  He's a lot of things, but only the most partisan actually believe he actually thinks there are more than 50 states.  There's enough to criticize him for without jumping on an honest flub like that. 

That's the sort of things liberals do (see GWB for examples).

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »
I think it's quite clear he misspoke and meant to say 47.  He's a lot of things, but only the most partisan actually believe he actually thinks there are more than 50 states.  There's enough to criticize him for without jumping on an honest flub like that. 

Chris
Is there someone who doesn't think that? 

He also talked about all the states between Illinois and Kentucky or something like that.  Obama has had almost as many gaffes as Biden.  The press just is not interested in reporting any of it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »
With the way people bring it us as evidence of some sort, I was beginning to wonder.  Flogging gaffes are weaksauce no matter who makes them. 

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »
Perry came out of the gate hot, saying all the right tea party kind of things and hitting Obama hard.  But, he proved to be much ado about nothing. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

Chris
No, he said what he meant...... :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »
I think it's quite clear he misspoke and meant to say 47.  He's a lot of things, but only the most partisan actually believe he actually thinks there are more than 50 states.  There's enough to criticize him for without jumping on an honest flub like that.  

Chris

Yes it is.

Playing nice with liberals obviously doesn't work. If they will not assume good faith and intellect from conservatives, they have no right to expect those assumptions back.

Thus, for every Obama zombia/GWB deranged, I will highlight their hypocrisy right back to them.

"Make your enemy live up to their own rulebook." Time the left's tactics were used on the left.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
Not really.  It just makes the accuser look stupid and petulant.

Just like it does to liberals.

Chris

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
So if I say "Obama said the US has 57 states,"  I'm being stupid and petulant?  How does this work?  Does Obama take a powder in this because he's wrong, or does he get a free pass because of the color thing?

Quote from: mtnbkr
...but only the most partisan actually believe he actually thinks there are more than 50 states.

I don't have any idea what he's THINKING, I can't read his mind.  I can only go by what he said
Seems fair enough to me.   :angel:   ..... all things considered......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
Remember GHWB citing 7 September as Pearl Harbor day in a speech? It was a simple gaffe/brainfart. Was he a doofus in all other respects because of it? There are plenty of substantive issues on which to criticize.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »
Remember GHWB citing 7 September as Pearl Harbor day in a speech? It was a simple gaffe/brainfart. Was he a doofus in all other respects because of it? There are plenty of substantive issues on which to criticize.

I don't believe Obama to be a doofus because of his mis-speakings, just as I didn't believe President Bush to be a doofus because of his mis-speakings.

However, many people did. Those same people, dispite similar mis-speakings by President Obama believe him to be god incarnate. (I left that purposely uncapitalized.) I use instances like this to point out the hypocrisy and MAYBE make them see their illogic. I don't bring up Obama's muffed phrases or words except to his acolytes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »
The debates have proven little except that the GOP is either afraid of or in cahoots with Big Media (or both).  Who in his right mind would permit a left-leaning media establishment to orchestrate the choosing of the Republican candidate?  We should have demanded that Obama be interviewed at length by a panel of conservative journalists and pundits in exchange if we were going to play the American Idol game at all.  The whole thing is a travesty.  It won't be long now before it comes down to Romney and Paul, and that means Romney.

If there were ever a time for Sarah Palin, Allen West, Marco Rubio, or the equivalent to ride in, it's now.  It's time to change the rules before the rules change us and the nation forever.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 03:55:52 PM »
I don't believe Obama to be a doofus because of his mis-speakings, just as I didn't believe President Bush to be a doofus because of his mis-speakings.

However, many people did. Those same people, dispite similar mis-speakings by President Obama believe him to be god incarnate. (I left that purposely uncapitalized.) I use instances like this to point out the hypocrisy and MAYBE make them see their illogic. I don't bring up Obama's muffed phrases or words except to his acolytes.

No, you're essentially playing a slightly different version of "he started it," and it's as retarded when we do it as it is when they do it.

There's plenty of reasons to criticize our opponents. We don't need to manufacture them
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
The debates have proven little except that the GOP is either afraid of or in cahoots with Big Media (or both).  Who in his right mind would permit a left-leaning media establishment to orchestrate the choosing of the Republican candidate?  We should have demanded that Obama be interviewed at length by a panel of conservative journalists and pundits in exchange if we were going to play the American Idol game at all.  The whole thing is a travesty.  It won't be long now before it comes down to Romney and Paul, and that means Romney.

If there were ever a time for Sarah Palin, Allen West, Marco Rubio, or the equivalent to ride in, it's now.  It's time to change the rules before the rules change us and the nation forever.

Rubio, the freedom lover!

Oh ... i mean, Rubio , one of the architects of one of the most godawful pieces of legislation ever.

Yeah. People like him and Palin are the ones we should hope for.  ;/
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »
Rubio, the freedom lover!

Oh ... i mean, Rubio , one of the architects of one of the most godawful pieces of legislation ever.

Yeah. People like him and Palin are the ones we should hope for.  ;/

Rubio has withdrawn his support for SOPA and PIPA, as you know.

Better Palin than Obama.

But perhaps you have better prospects?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Not really.  It just makes the accuser look stupid and petulant.

Just like it does to liberals.

Chris

That really only works when the 3rd party observers (aka voters) understand who is being stupid and petulant and has the moral and ethical standing to act (vote) against it. When those observers are either the S&P themselves, apathetic to the events, or simply too slow witted/brain washed to understand and act accordingly, then the distinction becomes irrelevant and you remain with the choice of maintaining the higher moral and ethical standing, and still being brow-beaten with the low tactics and losing, or adopting the low tactics yourself.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »

Sure I do. And do you know why? Because the media wouldn't let go of it. We've been over this a million times: there are different standards applied by the media to conservatives than there are to liberals, and there are very different standards applied to Obama. Those include glossing over criminal actions, which really steams me.

As for him really thinking there are 60 states, no, I don't think he does. If he was the product of public schools, I'd consider the possibility.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »
Crap.....now he's gonna come back & be our governor again.....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »
I saw a busload of coyotes heading for the border.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
Rubio has withdrawn his support for SOPA and PIPA, as you know.

Better Palin than Obama.

But perhaps you have better prospects?

Rubio only withdrew his support because he realized he couldn't help sneak this freedom hating legislation into law.

Guess what: the "anybody but obama" idea is just as damaging as Obama. The idea that some would hold their noses and vote for someone who they didn't like is appalling

To tell you the truth, i'm starting to think 4 more years of obama will be a good thing. It will either force the GOP (and conservative idiots around the country) to actually start nominating REAL conservatives, or it will bring us closer to the collapse, where we can get a *expletive deleted*ing do-over.

"Better palin than obama."

Lol.

"I'd rather get kicked in the balls than the face!"

LOL
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog