Author Topic: Perry to drop out of GOP presidential race  (Read 6230 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Perry to drop out of GOP presidential race
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 10:52:23 AM »
Perry was toast as soon as he defended his idiotic action of signing legislation that gives preferential treatment to ILLEGAL ALIENS over Americans; ever since that day, his campaign theme was "Dead Man Walking."

Guess what: the "anybody but obama" idea is just as damaging as Obama. The idea that some would hold their noses and vote for someone who they didn't like is appalling.
I think it's appalling that a nation that gave us men like Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt as POTUS (when we were much smaller!) can't muster anything better than the current crop today. In fact, ever since I've been voting, I've only cast a positive ballot ONE time for POTUS, and that was for Reagan's first term. Every other time - every other time - I voted against someone rather than for someone.

I don't like it - I don't like it one bit. But when the only alternatives are bad, you unhappily choose the one that's less bad.

Pay taxes - bad. Go to jail - worse. I hate my pocket being picked for things that don't benefit me, even indirectly . . . but Club Fed as an alternative? Uh uh.

Romney/Gingrich/Whoever - not so good. Obama - horribly worse. BHO may be the first POTUS that actually doesn't like America, it's traditions, or its institutions.

If you can realistically suggest a GOOD alternative to holding my nose and voting for someone other than Obama, please do so.
[/quote]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
I'm starting to drift toward the "let it all come crashing down and start the hell over" crowd.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »
Politics, as you've heard, is the art of the possible. 

Obama is not an option for anyone who values liberty.  There are no perfect candidates on the GOP side but none offer the jeopardy to this nation that a second Obama term would.

I may be too pessimistic, but my view is that another Obama term will not bring forth "real conservatives" but rather spell the end of not only the GOP as an effective opposition party but any semblance of America as a Constitution-driven polity.  We need to work with what we have while we have it.

If you've read my posts in the past you know that I expect not only collapse but the prospect of a serious secessionist movement in America.  This will happen regardless of who's elected this November, but predicting secession is not predicting sweetness and light, it is predicting bloody disorder given the fact that there is no way that patriotic and productive Americans are going to be permitted to go their own way by the American Left. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
I'm starting to drift toward the "let it all come crashing down and start the hell over" crowd.

If it wasn't for the whole SCOTUS thing I would be in agreement.  But it is a very real possibility that the next four years could see 3-4 Justices retire if they don't die on the bench.  Do you really want Obama picking them?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
Perry was toast as soon as he defended his idiotic action of signing legislation that gives preferential treatment to ILLEGAL ALIENS over Americans; ever since that day, his campaign theme was "Dead Man Walking."

This.

Also, the way he defended it was beyond the pale.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
This.

Also, the way he defended it was beyond the pale.

Yep.  He could have actually turned it into a win. States right issue, GFY.  Ya know.  But "compassionate" conservatisim is GWB all over again, and nobody wants that *expletive deleted*it.  I was a tenative supporter when he came out.  Calling me heartless made me turn on him like a beaten pit bull. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21z30aNO3cA

I'm still trying to figure out who he was channeling during his infamous New Hampshire speech.

Jon Stewart admonished that he was either drunk during this speech, or during all of his other speeches.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Obama's gaffes should be flogged for the same reason that Bush's gaffes were flogged - because superficial people vote.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
Obama's gaffes should be flogged for the same reason that Bush's gaffes were flogged - because superficial people vote.

Much truth in that.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 02:29:08 AM »
Romney/Gingrich/Whoever - not so good. Obama - horribly worse. BHO may be the first POTUS that actually doesn't like America, it's traditions, or its institutions.

Eh, it'd be a toss up between whether Santorum or Obama would be worse.  I'd honestly say I'd prefer four more years of Obama if forced at gun point.

Just saw that Newt got 40% of the votes in the SC primary?   :facepalm:
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.