Author Topic: Not Proud to be an American Right Now  (Read 1920 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Not Proud to be an American Right Now
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:57:22 AM »
This is just assine.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/01/30/twitter-joke-to-destroy-america-gets-tourists-barred-from-us/?test=latestnews

Twitter joke to 'destroy America' reportedly gets tourists barred from US

Two British travelers were barred from entering the U.S. after posts on Twitter indicated they had plans to 'destroy America' and 'dig up Marilyn Monroe,' The Sun reports.

Are the people we have screening and doing interview really that stupid?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
Re: Not Proud to be an American Right Now
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:12:11 AM »
Are the people we have screening and doing interview really that stupid?
You could ask the same question about the people in Congress, the man in the White House, the Occupy protesters, most reporters, and a lot of school bureaucrats . . . and get the same answer.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:06:41 AM »
Well, duh! If we don't screen and take a zero tolerance stand on Tweets the Terrrsts will win. Is there a problem with that? Do you hate freedom???

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »
Not Proud to be an American Right Now

OK, Michelle.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:49 AM »
OK, Michelle.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection released a statement about the "terrorist tweet," confirming that two people had been taken into "secondary interviews" and said that during those interviews, information was uncovered that "revealed both individuals were inadmissible to the United States."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/01/30/twitter-joke-to-destroy-america-gets-tourists-barred-from-us/?test=latestnews#ixzz1l2abEjuP

Methinks there's more to this story then a couple of twits.  FWIW, if the Sun reported that British folks talked funny, I'd look for independent conformation.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »
I can't get all that worked up about this. It's not like the Redcoats haven't done similar.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2009/07/19/michael-savage-off-uk-ban-list/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
This is just assine.

As opposed to as-cosine?

Or did you mean, "Asinine?"

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »
As opposed to as-cosine?

Or did you mean, "Asinine?"

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Yeah that too.  When I wrote that I was at the office and distracted by work.  Which as a surprise in of itself.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!