Author Topic: Open-Carry Firearms Bill Headed To Oklahoma Governor  (Read 2489 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Open-Carry Firearms Bill Headed To Oklahoma Governor
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/18256083/open-carry-firearms-bill-headed-to-oklahoma-governor

And she is going to sign it into law.  While not perfect, got to already have permit to carry to open carry, it will prevent those who are concealed and wind up showing from breaking the law.

Law will go into effect Nov 1.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Open-Carry Firearms Bill Headed To Oklahoma Governor
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
not perfect

But it's OK ?   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »
It's a small step in the right direction.
We didn't lose our 2A rights in one fell swoop, unfortunately we can't get them back that way either
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
Gov signed the bill into law.
http://www.news9.com/story/18426167/oklahoma-governor-signs-open-carry-bill-into-law

Goes into effect Nov. 1st ( that's the way new laws work in Oklahoma).
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 04:29:05 PM »
It's a shame you need a bill passed to exercise a Constitutional right but, at least it's a step in the right direction.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »
Even though I tend toward concealment, I sold all my really concealable guns quite awhile ago & all I have left is a Glock 22, not exactly the best for concealed carry.
I conceal it as best I can, really easy in winter but 80 degrees and over? not so much.
So I'm glad I do not get in trouble for people seeing it.
A case in Cali I read about on calguns really reinforced this, even though accidental printing is OK if you have a Cali ccw, it didn't prevent people from freaking out & calling the PD, who also freaked out and arrested the guy.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 11:00:40 PM »
But it's OK ?   =|

Better than what Texas has....if our Texas State Rifle Association wasn't run by the CHL-instructor mafia, we'd have constitutional carry by now....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
Better than what Texas has....if our Texas State Rifle Association wasn't run by the CHL-instructor mafia, we'd have constitutional carry by now....

It was a pun.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
It was a pun.....

Them Texans ain't so bright. Bless their hearts.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
Them Texans ain't so bright. Bless their hearts.  =)

My mom and dad were both born in The Nations so I'm OK.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
In related news, I just got perma-banned from the TexasCHL Forum for questioning the wisdom of the CHL-instructor mafia....

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55157&start=15&sid=5206ef0155fd8461552c5a0f56871fd1

Apparently, Mr. Cotton forgot two things about his forum....

1.  One can stay logged in even when one is away from his computer.

2.  I have a life that involves more than bickering with him....esp. if he won't address the questions posed to him.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.