Author Topic: California Passes Legislation On TOY Guns  (Read 1258 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: California Passes Legislation On TOY Guns
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
Exactly Ben.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
Exactly Ben.

DeLeon is a moron. Unfortunately, this is one of the more benign of the bills he's party to. Either this week or next week they vote on the ammo bill again, in which they want to ban mail order sales, and require registration of purchased ammo. They've tried that one and failed I think three times already in the last few years. This time they are playing the "hunters vs shooters" game by writing in an exception to registration for anyone with a hunting license.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »
Ahhhh, creating the "hunting" loophole which will have to be closed in a few years. ;/

Bastards....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 12:46:24 AM »
DeLeon is a moron. Unfortunately, this is one of the more benign of the bills he's party to. Either this week or next week they vote on the ammo bill again, in which they want to ban mail order sales, and require registration of purchased ammo. They've tried that one and failed I think three times already in the last few years. This time they are playing the "hunters vs shooters" game by writing in an exception to registration for anyone with a hunting license.

Has anyone tried explaining (not to DeLeon, but to the voters) that more regulation of ammo means less marksmanship training, thus greater chance of injury to innocent people?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »

So now all the bad guys go buy a hunting license.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 10:25:06 AM »
Divide and conquer. Separate hunters from shooters.  Make them two classes, and appease the hunters while attacking the shooters.  I've known lots of hunters who support "common sense" gun control measures like AWB, capacity limits, waiting periods, etc.  Cater to those hunters, and you'll be able to sell the bill as one being supported by gun owners.  General public hears that the bill is supported by gun owners, and they'll follow right along.  Those who oppose look like the fringe extremist, and get set aside.  Good strategy if the hunters and shooters let it work.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark