Author Topic: Keyboard for Android phone  (Read 414 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Keyboard for Android phone
« on: February 25, 2019, 12:55:30 AM »
Can anyone recommend a full-sized keyboard that's compatible with Android phones, or iPhones?

Wired or wireless, doesn't matter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Keyboard for Android phone
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:51:49 AM »
If memory serves, any bluetooth-enabled wireless keyboard/mouse combo should work. No first-hand experience, though.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:42:01 AM »
I have used a Bluetooth keyboard with an Android phone (with a couple of Android phones and tablets, in fact), but it's not full-size so I won't bother to post a link to it. I can report that it wasn't expensive, and it has worked fine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 02:47:56 PM »
I use a USB-C keyboard on mine all the time. The problem is I never figured out how to change the keyboard map to anything except US-Qwerty. I usually type Dvorak layout on my desktop. It seems the physical keyboard is integrated in at some low level in the software stack. I use Gboard to input Japanese but even when that is switched into Japanese mode, the physical keyboard keeps on typing regular US-Qwerty.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 06:39:18 PM »
I didn't realize I could plug a standard USB keyboard into the micro-USB port. I got a female USB to micro-USB adapter, and that is working just fine. I'd like to have a wireless one, but I also wanted backlit keys. I couldn't find both features in a full-sized keyboard, in my price range, so...

Thanks for the help.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife