Author Topic: And the Stupid Party continues to earn its moniker.  (Read 2786 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
And the Stupid Party continues to earn its moniker.
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »
Boehner proposes to pass "Clean" debt limit increase, with no strings attached.   :facepalm: :facepalm:

*expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* idiot(s).

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/11/boehner-house-gop-vote-debt-limit-no-conditions/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:30:22 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: And the Stupid Party continues to earn it's moniker.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:28 PM »
Boehner doesn't sound like a French name, but the penchant for preemptive surrender is suggestive...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually NOT always mispronouncing his name...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
the mans an idiot.

I've got nothing else, really, the mans a straight up *expletive deleted*ing idiot.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
I know what they're doing. They think they need to keep their heads down and take the easy path on everything possible to minimize any ammo or talking points against the GOP, thinking this will keep the failures of Obamacare on the forefront and maximize gains in Fall 2014 and see if they can't grab the Senate, and pad the majority in the House further.

Still a failed premise though, as it presumes the MSM will keep quiet about them, or ever give them a fair shake.

At least immigration "reform" seems to be DOA for now. They finally wised up to the realization that the Obama/Holder admin would just ignore any "border first" portions of whatever they passed, assuming it even made it through the Senate anyway. Took long enough.

Shchumer trying to offer a bill compromise that has GOP border security wishes in it, but with implementation deferred till 2017 when Obama is gone is laughable, and an absolute sign of weakness on their part. Combined with all the retirements, the DNC is clearly telegraphing they expect a bloodbath this fall as well. Unless there's a really big cause celebre, the FSA doesn't "do" midterms generally, and barring vote fraud, the GOP should do well this fall. If Obama wasn't making extra-constitutional orders delaying parts of Obamacare, or the average American knowing what a BIG DEAL that is, impeachable, arguably, they'd do even better.

Leave it to the GOP to still try and mess it up at every step.   :facepalm:

I blame it on the Beltway Effect. They all have cocktail hour together, the same functions, kids go to school together, and with the near unanimous pounding 24/7 of the MSM, the costal and big-city Left, and the unelected bureaucrat class, it gets to them and they rationalize it away by believing they're engaging in realpolitik. Only a very few like Paul or Cruz understand the more they're hated by all those people, the better they're doing.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 03:52:15 PM »
I blame it on the Beltway Effect. They all have cocktail hour together, the same functions, kids go to school together, and with the near unanimous pounding 24/7 of the MSM, the costal and big-city Left, and the unelected bureaucrat class, it gets to them and they rationalize it away by believing they're engaging in realpolitik. Only a very few like Paul or Cruz understand the more they're hated by all those people, the better they're doing.

Ayup. But really, politicians are just props. They don't read (let alone write) the 8000 page bills they sponsor, and they don't have any hand in implementing or enforcing them. The faceless unelected unaccountable staffers and "civil servants" in the three letter agencies are the real powers that be. The clowns in office are a sideshow to keep the rubes entertained.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
And the Stupids in the Senate went along with them....thanks to McConnell & Cornyn....

....expect a new senator from Texas soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:28 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually NOT always mispronouncing his name...

{Sigh} Boner...yep he is an idiot...I hope after this next election he gets replaced as Speaker.  It will be interesting to see what his district thinks of this, hopefully somebody comes forward to challenge him in the primary.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 10:38:53 PM »
So I've decided that even though Boehner is a caver, my most despised politician right now, Republican or otherwise, is Peter King. Besides his ridiculous "safety at all costs" rhetoric regarding the WOT, I just learned that he called all (and apparently there were a good number of them) the Republicans that voted against raising the debt ceiling "morons".

This arrogant stuffed shirt can't see the writing on the wall. He is a disillusioned dinosaur that hasn't realized the asteroid has hit Earth and all those that are like him are going to be fading away.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re:
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 10:43:20 PM »
And the Stupids in the Senate went along with them....thanks to McConnell & Cornyn....

....expect a new senator from Texas soon.

Which of the candidates primary-ing Cornyn is any good?  

So I've decided that even though Boehner is a caver, my most despised politician right now, Republican or otherwise, is Peter King. Besides his ridiculous "safety at all costs" rhetoric regarding the WOT, I just learned that he called all (and apparently there were a good number of them) the Republicans that voted against raising the debt ceiling "morons".

This arrogant stuffed shirt can't see the writing on the wall. He is a disillusioned dinosaur that hasn't realized the asteroid has hit Earth and all those that are like him are going to be fading away.

King likes his terrorists to come with a brogue.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
I did hear Cornyn voted to end any filibuster, but voted against the bill he knew would pass the vote anyway.  He will probably claim he voted against in his commercials. 

Michael Berry's radio show in Houston has a really funny parody of Cornyn's campaign commercials. 
http://www.ktrh.com/media/podcast-michael-berry-michaelberry/michael-berry-01102014-6pm-24173691/
You can hear it about 2:30 minutes in to this pod cast. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:50 AM »
Which of the candidates primary-ing Cornyn is any good?  

As the major qualification of not being Cornyn, both Stovall & Stockman are good. I like Stockman a little more considering that he's holding Cornyn's feet to the fire.

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
Peter King: we must sacrifice all liberty to keep safe from the evil terrorists! Unless they're named Seamus, those are just misunderstood freedom fighters.

John McCain: we must go to war with Iran because they obliquely support terrorism in Israel! We must also give guns to the Syrian branch of al Qaeda so they can finish genociding the local Christians, per my hot new mistress adviser.

I hate politicians so fcking much.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
Can't ANYONE do something about John McCain?   

OTOH I still think he might have made a better president than Obama.   Our economy might be chugging along .... but our foreign affairs might be all messed up in ways Obama would never have thought of ....

We are living in interesting times....(see Confuscious for reference >:D ).
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »
The R Aye votes, really sad to see Issa on there.

John Boehner (OH)
Ken Calvert (CA)
Dave Camp (MI)
Eric Cantor (VA)
Howard Coble (NC)
Chris Collins (NY)
Charles Dent (PA)
Michael Fitzpatrick (PA)
Michael Grimm (NY)
Richard Hanna (NY)
Doc Hastings (WA)
Darrell Issa (CA)
Peter King (NY)
Kevin McCarthy (CA)
Buck McKeon (CA)
Patrick Meehan (PA)
Gary Miller (CA)
Devin Nunes (CA)
David Reichert (WA)
Hal Rogers (KY)
Peter Roskam (IL)
Ed Royce (CA)
Jon Runyan (NJ)
John Shimkus (IL)
Chris Smith (NJ)
David Valadao (CA)
Frank Wolf (VA)

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »
Thanks, Balog. Interesting to see the distribution from blue and purple states/districts vs. red.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
The R Aye votes, really sad to see Issa on there.

If Issa was anything more than a sock puppet for the Obama admin then I might be surprised.

Hell isn't he in charge of the committee where Obama scandals go to die a quiet death?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
If Issa was anything more than a sock puppet for the Obama admin then I might be surprised.

Hell isn't he in charge of the committee where Obama scandals go to die a quiet death?

I don't claim to know much about him, just remember hearing his name in connection with fighting anti-gun stuff.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
I see Boehner is the only Ohio R to vote for it.  I hope he gets booted as the next speaker, in favor of a different R.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:29:54 AM by scout26 »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
[Zoe] Point of interest: when ridiculing the Stupid Party, spell "its" correctly.

:P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife