Author Topic: Good Morning President-elect Trump  (Read 4876 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Good Morning President-elect Trump
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 12:22:46 PM »
It will be interesting.  I'm truly waiting to see if Obama is a gracious to Trump as Bush was to Obama.

Wonder if he'll dust off the old P(E)OTUS podium and hand it over.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:14 PM »
Wonder if he'll dust off the old P(E)OTUS podium and hand it over.

I would love to see Trump do something like that, in mockery of Obama. I also am waiting for him to co-opt the phrase, "this is what democracy looks like."  :laugh:

(OK, I know it's actually what a representative republic looks like, but it would still be hilarious.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Re: Good Morning President-elect Trump
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »
Chelsea is 36 year old and she still refers to Hillary as "my mom." Not "my mother," but "my mom." Not in speaking directly to HRC, but in speeches and tweets about HRC. What adult over 30 (or 15, for that matter) refers to the female parental unit in the third person as "my mom"? It's so blatantly cute that it's disgusting. :barf:

Sheesh!

This adult over 50 still refers to his parental unit as "My Mom".   However, I refer to my ex- as  "your mother"  when speaking with my son.   
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:19:07 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 03:11:33 PM »
Chelsea is 36 year old and she still refers to Hillary as "my mom." Not "my mother," but "my mom." Not in speaking directly to HRC, but in speeches and tweets about HRC. What adult over 30 (or 15, for that matter) refers to the female parental unit in the third person as "my mom"? It's so blatantly cute that it's disgusting. :barf:

Sheesh!

Unless I am being formal or a smartass, I always say "My mom". It's the paternal side of things that gets confusing because "my father" is *always* in reference to my biological father and "My Dad" (capitalized) is the man that raised me. I reserve "stepfather" for my mother's husband. "Father" and "dad" are just not the same thing in my vocabulary.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
Unless I am being formal or a smartass, I always say "My mom". It's the paternal side of things that gets confusing because "my father" is *always* in reference to my biological father and "My Dad" (capitalized) is the man that raised me. I reserve "stepfather" for my mother's husband. "Father" and "dad" are just not the same thing in my vocabulary.

Well, there's long-standing speculation Chelsea has a different "father" and "dad" too.  :angel:
I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
Well, there's long-standing speculation Chelsea has a different "father" and "dad" too.  :angel:

I'm sure Bill was happy to donate his sample into a cup for the sake of procreation. After all, a family man is more electable. Plus, she has his nose (which is the only thing I give her real pity for)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
With me its "Dad and the evil/wicked step-mother".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

griz

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »
I think all those people who now want to leave the USA because of the way the election went should be encouraged to leave. They can form a new country, maybe on the Isle of Moron, and Hillary can rule over them. Go ahead and put Obama's presidential library and retirement villa there too.

California, or at least the leftist in the sate, are talking about seceding.  Maybe all the ones that want to bail can go there.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
California, or at least the leftist in the sate, are talking about seceding.  Maybe all the ones that want to bail can go there.

Succession is illegal. Revolution is legal... I don't think that lot will be all that good at revolution... Too bad, so sad.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 05:40:21 PM »

I would love to see Trump do something like that, in mockery of Obama. I also am waiting for him to co-opt the phrase, "this is what democracy looks like."  :laugh:

(OK, I know it's actually what a representative republic looks like, but it would still be hilarious.)
I think it would be entertaining, but if Obama chooses to conduct himself with some class as he is leaving office, I think Trump should let him.

I heard he has invited Trump to visit the White House.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »

If we can build a wall along the Mexican border, we could build a wall around the Leftie parts of CA.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »
I don't think that lot will be all that good at revolution...

But they've been revolting for a long time.