Author Topic: "Peaceful Protests"  (Read 1370 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
"Peaceful Protests"
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »
One thing that I've noticed more and more recently is that in these videos of Anti-Trump protests and the NODAPL protests, is that they keeping yelling "This is a Peaceful Protest" as if that makes trespassing, destruction of property and other violence somehow "OK" because they keep saying how peaceful they are.

Almost as if they are attempting to convince themselves....

Anyone else catch this?

Here's a good example:

http://usuncut.com/news/man-pulls-gun-standing-rock-protesters-runs-truck/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
Re: "Peaceful Protests"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:46:07 PM »
That article is garbage. Interesting how they use the screenshot of when he is yelling that that is the way home to make it look like he is an enraged crazy person. He wasn't "waving his gun around". He actually always kept it pointed in a safe direction with his finger off the trigger, it was just ready to be used if needed. "The man continues to drive forward", more like it was barely inching along. And there where people actually trying to push on it like they thought they could keep it from moving. There was never anyone under his truck, at the speed it was going there was no way for someone to of gotten under it by being hit. It was reported that someone got their foot ran over, the only way that could of happened was if someone was completely unaware of what was going on and just stuck there foot under the wheel. They keep saying two of them, but from everything I've seen it was just the one person who was "ran over".
'Goldtooth and other protesters also said that the man fired his gun into the air multiple times after the video cut out." How convenient. With that huge crowd of people there and pretty much everyone with a cell phone recording, they all just happened to turn their phone off just before he fired multiple shots into the air, and I suppose he then got out of his truck to pick up the brass that would be evidence?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 06:19:19 AM »
I've not been able to find any accounts that verify if shots were fired or not, just a couple reports that the local sheriff is investigating reports of shots fire.

Also no indication that anyone was struck by/run over with a truck.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 06:31:31 AM »
I agree the article is *expletive deleted*it, it was the only place I could find that video.  But I was just referring to the "We're peaceful" line they keep throwing out as if that excuses all their illegal behavior.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 06:46:44 AM »
I agree the article is *expletive deleted*it, it was the only place I could find that video.  But I was just referring to the "We're peaceful" line they keep throwing out as if that excuses all their illegal behavior.

They are yelling "peaceful" for one of two reasons:

1.  Trying to keep their group calm and in control.
2.  Trying to drive the narrative so that when violence does happen, the protesters are already viewed as the innocent part, facts be damned.

Take a guess as to which one is more likely.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »
They are peaceful like an illegal immigrant hasn't broken any laws.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 09:06:30 AM »
They are yelling "peaceful" for one of two reasons:

1.  Trying to keep their group calm and in control.
2.  Trying to drive the narrative so that when violence does happen, the protesters are already viewed as the innocent part, facts be damned.

Take a guess as to which one is more likely.

I'll take number two for $100.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 01:16:59 PM »
The media always treats protesters/rioters as innocent.  They could put 50 police officers in the hospital, but if the cops shoot a couple of them in defense, they would be the bad guys.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »
The media always treats protesters/rioters as innocent. 

Unless Grandma goes out there with tea bags attached to her hat, or wearing a MAGA cap. 'Cuz those are pretty much hate crimes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife