StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Re: Beer!
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:36 AM »
Fav-All time...Miller's 1855 Celebration Lager
Fav in a bottle or can...Old English 800
On tap...Bit Burger

Least Fav...Any ale. They all taste like hopped up watered down cold coffee.  [barf]
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »
I've gotta second Physics' opinions of local microbrews.

Currently just finished a 6-pack of New Belgium's 1554, which is a darn good beer.  A little nutty, a little chocolatey, with a nice dry finish.

Also have some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the fridge.  Not my absolute favorite, but the Mrs. likes it. 

Can't stand most (if not all) the Macrobrews...  Coors/Miller/Budweiser....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
It kinda wanders around...  The first Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale was a religious experience, but I have never bought any more that tasted that good.  I like Shiner Bock, used to really like Heineken (until That Night), can make do with whatever's in the cooler, really.  Worst?  Hmmmm.... there was some sort of horsepee being sold on the Gulf Coast during spring breaks called "Old Dutch".  99cents/6.  That was a looooooooong time ago.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »
2 years in Germany changed my taste in beers.

I spent 4 years in Germany.  I have to agree with Eric Idle's sentiment at the 1:00 mark.

One bad word, so I'll put NSFW warning on it --->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WRFJwGsbY

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:05:46 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »
The best beer is free beer. I always laugh when people complain about free beer.

I've had some bad beers in my day. I mean like they were infected bad. In the early days of micro beers there were some problems. I worked for a micro brewery years ago, and we would taste different styles of beer from different breweries. We'd try pale ales one week, lagers the next, etc. Some were good, but some had gone bad due bacterial infections. We found a pale ale that actually tasted sour once. Other beers were flawed for their style. We had a bock that tasted like carbonated burnt coffee. Funny as it may sound, I kind of got sick of darker ales working at a brewery. They were just too heavy after a few years.

I liked Yungling's out east when I had it years ago. I thought that was a good regional lager beer. Kokanee from Canada was pretty a pretty good lager too. The funniest beer I had was a tasty Canadian lager called either Glacier Bay or Arctic Bay beer. Each bottle had a hexagonal indentation in the bottom; you would put the cap of an unopened bottle in it and twist it open. People always got a kick out of that.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
I'm still in Pittsburgh.

Yuengling is some good beer.

But hey, I'll drink Natty Lite... I actually like the stuff, and true to the advertising campaign back in the day, it does go pretty well with food.

With me, beer depends on the weather... Cold weather = something serious. Hot weather = something really darn light and refreshing. Only "darker" beer I've enjoyed in Really Hot Weather was Shiner Bock...

Blog under construction

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
Favorite: anything really hoppy. Or PBR, if I'm fishing.

Least favorite: Budweiser. I recall a particular morning-after road trip in Utah with the windows down. In January.
D. R. ZINN

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
I'm down for any sort of good Amber  beer.

Worst bear?  This experimental crap with white pepper and lemon the brewmaster at the Blackdog Brewery sent me to try.  Godawful!  It did not make it to store shelves.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »
sounds like "spicycorona" [popcorn] the add campaign could have been great. :angel:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 09:56:10 PM »
I don't care how free they are, but I will not drink bud and bud light.   [barf]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 10:32:26 PM »
I'm keep it kinda simple.

My favorite beer is whiskey. I don't drink a lot of beer anymore.

If I'm working in the shop all day I might have two or three Coors Originals (Beer fridge keeps them so they have a little ice under the cap when you take the first drink.)

If I'm out it's a Coors or a Killians or maybe a Rolling Rock.

Bud products seem to always give me a headache.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:29 PM »
Yuengling was my mainstay, but my ex hooked me on beck's. Killians is another bottle i'll buy. I like heifiwiesens too.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 12:08:10 AM »
Oh God, I forgot to mention the other worst beers I've ever had.  They're of the snobby, micro-brew, let's try anything variety though, instead of the just plain general incompetence of Dakota Light:

I forget the brewery, but it's the Japanese one that puts the owls on the label.  The white one is milk beer.  It tastes like soy milk dumped into a beer.  It is literally the only beer in my life I didn't finish.

Any Rauchbier, ever (aka smokebeer).  I've had a few German one and one American one (Victory's), and they all overwhelmingly taste like that fake "smoke-flavor" juice you can get for meat.  The smell of burnt bacon with the taste of horrible chemicals.  I keep trying them in the hopes that one day I'll find the one that's like drinking alcoholic bacon grease.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 12:30:10 AM »
^^^ I have had two good rauchbiers in my life: Alaskan smoked porter and Stone smoked porter.  I liked the Alaskan better.  They are both hard to find.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 12:48:25 AM »
Favorite:  Tequila  =D

Least favorite:  Bud. Ick.  Have successfully avoided drinking anything worse than Bud Light.  [barf]

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 05:18:01 AM »
Ottakringer - Austria's finest !
Guiness
Erdinger Weissbier
-
-
-
-
-
-
Miller lite
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »
I dont like bud either. For some reason it involves more trips to the ladies room.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »
Favorite: Harviestoun Ola Dubh 30, but it's like $15 for each 11.5oz bottle  :O

Most drank: any of Ommegang's lineup

Least favorite: Kostritzer Schwarzbier

I'll drink just about any beer, though.  Notable exceptions are Zima or Clamato.  [barf]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:54:31 PM by S. Williamson »
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »
Workin on my second Honey Moon right now....  :cool:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 09:00:54 PM »
TBG, is this it?

http://glacierbrewhouse.com/index.htm

That place looks great, but that wasn't it. This was a Canadian lager called Glacier Bay or Arctic Bay. It came in 12 pack boxes that were navy blue with mountains and a red maple leaf.

I still laugh when I think about opening bottles with that hex indentation.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 10:37:20 PM »
I believe that Sumpnz and I are long-lost twin brothers.

Triplets... Maybe it's just a North West thing.

Lots of good beers from Stone and Rouge, Port Townsend Brewing, Issaquah, and so many others.

Bad - Had a Trippel on time that tasted like concentrated prune juice. I ended up wasting most of the bottle, just wasn't drinkable for me. =(

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 11:59:01 PM »
I don't care how free they are, but I will not drink bud and bud light.   [barf]

Cool, more for me!  Didn't want you furriners drinkin' it all up anyways.   :laugh:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 12:21:39 AM »