Author Topic: ACOG buyers  (Read 10988 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: ACOG buyers
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:06 PM »

I've now had one too many buyers call to complain that his ACOG sight is marked up or scratched or whatever, so I've posted this notice on every model's page:

PLEASE READ: TRIJICON ACOG SIGHTS ARE MADE FOR THE MILITARY. THEY'RE MADE FOR WAR. THEY ARE NOT MADE TO LOOK PRETTY. SOME COME FROM THE FACTORY WITH SLIGHT COSMETIC DEFECTS. THIS IS TO BE EXPECTED, JUST AS AR15 MAGAZINES ARE OFTEN BLEMISHED. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING MORE COSMETICALLY PERFECT, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER ONE OF THE CHEAPER ACOG CLONES THAT ARE MADE TO LOOK COOL.

I would just change that to no returns unless truly defective upon delivery. Let Trijicon deal with the warranty.

But that's coming from another small business owner.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »
Something getting scratched do to use is one thing, it is another if it comes like that from the factory. Is it really so wrong for something you own to look how you want it to? Are we seriously complaining about people who like there equipment to look uniform? Would you complain about someone who complains about getting a car directly ordered from the factory and it came with scratches on it or parts that didn't match in color?

No, it's not wrong for anyone to want what they buy to come unblemished. I'm finicky about that myself. It's unrealistic, though, to expect an ACOG to be without blemishes. It's the way Trijicon makes them, and the customer should be aware of that.

Jim, I'd let Trijicon deal with the warranty, except that I don't think a buyer should get something he's paid $1400 for and then have to send it in to Trijicon for repairs, and perhaps not get it back for two months. If this guy had been reasonable, and had wanted the TA01ECOS, but was unhappy with the finish, I would have exchanged it for another one and made sure it looked as good as an ACOG can.

I dunno. Maybe that warning is a little strong. This guy just really got me steamed.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 12:53:20 AM »
Back in 1996-1999, Trijicon's ACOG line came from the factory looking pristine.  If they are letting their QC slip on the exterior finish, I wonder about the guts of the new stuff.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
If I'm paying $1500-2000 for a Trijicon scope, I'll not only expect a non-blemished scope, but I'll expect Milla Jovovitch to shoot the rifle for me.....

...probably why I've never bought one.....that, and I'm not sure how I'd mount one on my old .303 SMLE....

Sounds like the problem's on Trijicon's end....if it's causing that much of a headache, maybe you should switch scope providers.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »
Sounds like the problem's on Trijicon's end....if it's causing that much of a headache, maybe you should switch scope providers.....

They're too profitable, and they're popular. It's just the head cases like the one described that drive me nuts.