Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!  (Read 36669 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »
Newt is about to be gutted.  He has one and only one choice: to wage total war on the MSM, naming institutions and individuals, detailing the full history of bias and abuse to destroy and discredit the enemy. Does he want to win? This is the cultural moment.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
That is the prediction I have heard.  As soon as each Repub Candidate takes the lead, the MSM goes all out to dump on them and knock them down.  Newt has a lot of baggage to bring up also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »
That is the prediction I have heard.  As soon as each Repub Candidate takes the lead, the MSM goes all out to dump on them and knock them down.  Newt has a lot of baggage to bring up also. 

I don't think there are many Republicans not already aware of Newt's baggage.

I'm curious to see what the results of the upcoming media scrutiny will be.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2011, 03:35:41 AM »
I don't think there are many Republicans not already aware of Newt's baggage.

I'm curious to see what the results of the upcoming media scrutiny will be.
A lot of that baggage has been forgotten.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2011, 07:27:20 AM »
A lot of that baggage has been forgotten.

And a lot of that baggage was a fiction in the first place, dreamed up by Clinton & Company.

Newt is no worse, personal baggage-wise, than any divorced former member of Congress.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2011, 07:57:30 AM »

Newt is no worse, personal baggage-wise, than any divorced former member of Congress.

....and most of the married ones....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »
....and most of the married ones....

I think this joker was married during some of his debauchery:
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/200704/kennedy-ted-senator-profile
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »
And a lot of that baggage was a fiction in the first place, dreamed up by Clinton & Company.

Of course, then there's Newt's political baggage.

Elsewhere: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-paul-is-for-real-in-iowa-seriously/2011/11/17/gIQAoSM7UN_blog.html
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
I was never much of a Cain booster, but I did send a donation, and will apply the bumper sticker to my vehicle, simply because he riles all the right knuckleheads.

But, since the shaky, muddled answer on Libya, I am no longer very eager to see him elected.  =(

Still better than the current joker, of course.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2011, 10:21:17 AM »
Of course, then there's Newt's political baggage.

No lie.  I won;t ever forget Congressman Futurist Fanboy and Pelosi swapping spit for the wormer ad.

Elsewhere: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-paul-is-for-real-in-iowa-seriously/2011/11/17/gIQAoSM7UN_blog.html

If Paul would be willing to settle for "Libertarianism in One Country" and be willing to shut down the illegal alien trade, I could live with his foreign policy pollyanna-ish tendencies.

Sadly, like many libertarians, he does not understand that open borders would destroy any libertarian regime, as looters & eaters who do not share their values swamp them.

I was never much of a Cain booster, but I did send a donation, and will apply the bumper sticker to my vehicle, simply because he riles all the right knuckleheads.

But, since the shaky, muddled answer on Libya, I am no longer very eager to see him elected.  =(

Still better than the current joker, of course.

The phrase "damning with faint praise" comes to mind.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2011, 10:31:59 AM »
Faint indeed.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
Apparently Obama's family values and high morality stop at the outer limits of the family quarters in the White House.  Macro, not micro, is what matters here.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
Hear that, Micro? You don't matter... :P
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
Hear that, Micro? You don't matter... :P

Of course he doesn't matter....when's the last time he voted in a POTUS election?.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2011, 01:50:24 PM »
Seems to me that Newt has garnered most of the Herman Cain supporters now.  Newt has baggage as most of us do in one form or another.

I still support Mr. Cain.  He needs to pay attention to what he says a bit more.  I think he sees the world as a pretty complex place and as a result does not have good answers or all the answers to questions relating to foreign affairs.  I don't think President Obama understands the US or the world that IS as opposed to the US and world he WANTS them to be.  Dreaming is okay, but lets keep grounded in reality.

Newt was my second choice.  Ultimately, the choice has to be an effective candidate against President Obama and present a clear difference.  That's why when the smoke clears, Romney will probably be the Republican nominee.

It appears that the Super Committee has failed.  Does it surprise me?  No!  The 1.2 trillion reduction over 10 years is NOTHING.  It doesn't even stop the red ink or cut the growth in expenditures built into the system.   There needs to be hell to pay.

I'm starting to believe that the whole system has to fail before it can be fixed.  I don't relish that thought.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:55:18 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
I have opinions on the "whitewoman" comment in general.  But I will refrain.

I gotta give David Axelrod props; finding a Cain accuser actually named "White" was pure genius.
"It's good, though..."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »
I gotta give David Axelrod props; finding a Cain accuser actually named "White" was pure genius.
Cain's credit card receipts will fix that real fast.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:11 PM »

Does this mean that they're now accusing him of having his way with the White woman?.....somebody better call Atticus Finch.....  =|

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »
I don't know what to think anymore about the Cain accusations.  That's the problem.  Nobody does.  Cain is damaged and damaged probably beyond repair which is such a shame. 

As far a Newt goes, you can pretty much find a quote or the pundits will with him saying most anything.  He has been in politics a long time.  He is a conservative.  But Newt is a man who tries to get things done as opposed to standing on pure idealogy.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
Does this mean that they're now accusing him of having his way with the White woman?.....somebody better call Atticus Finch.....  =|

Haven't all of the women been white? Were he a Dem. candidate, the media would ignore the allegations, and go after the accusers and the Republican Party as race-baiters. That would be the only angle on the story. I feel safe in saying this, because we saw something similar with Harold Ford.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
By spring, at the current rate, we should have no viable GOP candidate left.  We know Newt is vulnerable and we know that Romney wears funny underwear.  So who rides out of the West on a white horse with a shimmering sword?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
By spring, at the current rate, we should have no viable GOP candidate left.  We know Newt is vulnerable and we know that Romney wears funny underwear.  So who rides out of the West on a white horse with a shimmering sword?

Ron Paul??
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »

And frankly, whomever it is, NEEDS to come from the West (and not CA). 

I've about had it with Amerika East of the Miss, especially the bits between Wall Street and Mordor on the Potomac, treating the rest of us like gorram colonies to exploit.

[/browncoat]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »
Or maybe it will be West, as in Allen West...?   =)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:59:50 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 02:31:02 PM »
Or maybe it will West, as in Allen West...?   =)

Or Adam West.

"It's good, though..."