Author Topic: Best custom book printer  (Read 410 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Best custom book printer
« on: November 09, 2020, 05:51:54 PM »
I know some of you reprobates fancy yourselves authors and I need to pick your brains. Dad has written a story about my Grandfather's history. I'd like to get it printed as gifts for him and my siblings. Something really nice... case bound, leather cover or quality hardback, and with photos. Any thoughts on the best place to go for custom book printing services?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Best custom book printer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 08:24:58 PM »
Lulu.com
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 08:45:06 AM »
I'm no author, but I am close to owners of two different companies that do print and bindery. 

If you give me the info (book count, page count, size, paper preference, binding preference, color makeup, etc.) I can get some ballpark numbers.  Are you going to do all the layout and design or are you wanting help with that as well?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »
I haven't even begun the editing process yet, plus I want to get Dad to get photos I can include. I won't even try to guess until I get all the components and can do a rough layout.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB